Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Markflorida
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

The regret of signing up for BT.

Go to solution

I just moved back to the UK after working overseas. I set up the full BT package on the 30th July, thats home phone, broadband, TV and a mobile sim.

I was very disapointed that they could not come out to fit it to my home for 18 days (17th Aug), but at least they would send the sim card out instantly so I can phone on get on line with my mobile.

They say on mybt it was shipped 31st July. So I wait, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th???? 

I just called the 0800 number on my mums phone and asked why I  have not got my SIM card, I have no phone, no interent and need a phone asap. I have to park outside Boots the get the net.

After a 35 minute call with the operator informing me her system crashed TWICE!!!. She told me she would fill a complaint and I should hear something back in 5 days. I asked why can't you just 'overnight' another one? The reply was; a different department deals with it, but I can't call them.

Are you kidding me, another 5 days. Its just a SIM card, I can walk into any EE, O2 or Vodaphone store and walk out with one.

Is this how BT treats new customers? I just went on the mybt page and the large headlines are I can bring my installion forward. So I click on it, NO its starts with dates 4 days after mine is set for, just a tease I suposse. This is amature hour, I expecteed better from BT,

The next message is I will be billed on the 6th August. FOR WHAT? So far I have nothing.

I am extremely dispointed in BT, I would or could not ever recomened them. If the Sim card is not here by Tuesday (I start my new Job) I will have to sign up with another provider who can let me turn on my iphone instantly. 

14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: The regret of signing up for BT.

Go to solution

BT Retail do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach (A BT Group Business) who work for all Service Providers apart from Virgin Media. BT Retail do not get any special treatment.

The date that you have been give would be the first available date that Openreach could do your installation.

The phone SIM may not have been sent yet, as your contract has not started yet, and the SIM forms part of the contract.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Keith, and your responce is helpful?

Stew

0 Ratings
Markflorida
Beginner
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Thank you for your help. However my contract has started you are incorrect here and BT chat told me when I was signing up, a SIM would be mailed out instanty. On the 31st they sent me an email stating it was shipped and I should receive it in one or two business days. Unless this was just sales BS to get customers to sign up.

MY billing on the SIM has started already, the operator told me when I complained that I should call billing for a disount on my first bill! I don't want a discount I want the SIM.

My complaint against BT is they failed to deliver as promised and the only answer I have is wait another 5 days.

The myBT sign in page is still telling me I can bring my installion forward but the dates is now 5 days after the installion. The phone line that "may' be able to bring it forward told me I have the earliest date. The most annoying thing is that it is just a tease everytime I sign on. They can't bring it forward, its 2017 update the system to reflect that if you are a serious player.

Its now 7 days since I signed up for it after being told the SIM would arrive in 1-2 business days. Afetr 6 days they now tell me it could be another 5 days.

This is like a bait and switch scheme. I really wish I had not signed up for this.

BT should not offer mobile service if they can not provide it.

Amazon ship out everything daily and it arrives in 1-3 days with tracking, BT give a lot of talk but have provided nothing.

Today 6th I now have a bill to pay and I AM BEING charged for the use of BT mobile, unlimited calls text and 12gb. Not a lot of good when I do not have no SIM.

My biggest complaint is that thier is no one to call and speed it up when they have clearly dropped the ball. The installation wait I can live with, the SIM card I can't. If you are a mobile provider, then provide the service. BT is clearly years behind its competition with this and the customer service is pitiful as they can do nothing.

Markflorida
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Just to clarify. I just went onto BT and onto chat like I was a new customer.

This is my question.

If I sign up for a Broadband, TV and mobile package how long do I have to wait for my sim card?

This is the answer from Chritsian.

If you order before 4pm Monday-Friday or 11am on Saturday, you'll get your SIM on the next working day - including Saturdays. Some parts of the country (like Highlands & Islands and parts of Cornwall) might take up to 48 hours.

He fails to mention that of it does not arrive in 6 days and you call you will be told to wait another 5 days while they investigate it. 

Like I said it is a bait and switch sceme. 

However seeing your reply and how quick you were to defend BT gives me hope as you must like the service so that is promising Smiley Happy. (Unless you are an employee)

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

No, I do not work for BT. My reply was your complaint about the delay to your install appointment, which BT Retail have no control over.

The SIM issue could be down to delays or lost item with Royal Mail.

Markflorida
Beginner
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

I agree it could be Royal mail. If we had tracking we would know. Or after 6 days a good customer focused company would have send out another with tracking and not just told me "we will look into it it may be 5 days beffore I get a reply" but thank you for your reply keith, it is promising to see BT customers like you are happy. I hope to be one.

Markflorida
Beginner
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

UPDATE. Aug 6th 12.29pm

BT have informed me they have a software issue with the order and they will contact me on the 12th. (Another 6 days) It's quite comical. It's 2017 they can't simply send out another. Obviously common sense and BT don't go together.

I'm lost for words.

Tags (1)
stevefinch
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

BT should be ashamed to treat someone like that. They screwed up why don't they just admit it and send out a new SIM? What a bunch or prats.

I would be looking at a SKY package and EE mobile. You would have a sim in 10 minutes and its the same network. I use them they treat me ok, you can walk into a store and speak to a human

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

@stevefinch wrote:

I would be looking at a SKY package and EE mobile. You would have a sim in 10 minutes and its the same network. I use them they treat me ok, you can walk into a store and speak to a human

I take it you do know that BT now own EE mobile?

0 Ratings