cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

This bill wasn’t paid on time. The overdue amount has been added to your next bill.

Go to solution

So today I was checking my Bill - it's due 24th and as expected it's not ready as its a non business day so will be created probably tomorrow. I was surprised to see though that my last bill, paid by DD presumably under the control of BT rather than me, is currently suggesting the over due amount will be charged to my next bill as in the title.

Bit odd though in that it was due to be paid by DD on the 2/10 but because this was a weekend according to my bank account it left my account on the 4/10 again the 1st working day after the non working day of the dated item.

I wonder though what I may be charged for this as it has actually been paid according to my records on time - BT called for it days before to get the DD to pay. I'm guessing/hoping it's a simple case of the left leg not knowing what the right leg is doing (In reality the front end reporting does not actually look at the payments received just that it was not paid on the 2/10 !)

At least BT systems are still live as opposed to Tesco online at the present - 😉

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: This bill wasn’t paid on time. The overdue amount has been added to your next bill.

Go to solution

Hi @unwina and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry there's been some confusion with your latest bill. I'm sure the direct debit will sort itself out but if there are any problems please let me know and I'll be happy to take a look for you.

Cheers

David

Message 3 of 3

Re: This bill wasn’t paid on time. The overdue amount has been added to your next bill.

Go to solution

Hi @DavidM ,

thanks for the reply it seems that the final bill was correct after all and i think it was just a timing error and i was just unfortunate to have hit it.

Thanks