Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PAISLEY1903
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Thoughts on upgrade

Go to solution

Hi

I have been offered 900 speed for £15 more a month than my current 150 I am receiving.

I have read online about peoples upload speeds not increasing beyond the 50.  Is there something I would need to do at my end to ensure this doesn't happen.

Re the download - Whats everyones opinion of £15 more a month for extra speed. My other half comments are "what can 900 do that 150 can't re watching movies etc as everything works fine!"

Just wanted your thoughts and also - does the smarthub 2 actually manage that type of speed?!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
pippincp
Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thoughts on upgrade

Go to solution

Only you can decide if it is worth it.

For gamers then the extra speed means faster game downloads and as they could multi GB size then for them it is.

For streaming 150 is ample.

As regards the 50mb upload it only happens to a few and there is a thread on the forum to get it rectified quite quickly.

The Smart hub is quite capable of those speeds.

0 Ratings
PAISLEY1903
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Good points

My oculus quest headset is wifi 6 ready and has large downloads sometimes wifi online games.  The extra speed on that would be good although can't get wifi 6 on hub 2 its something I could save for on a new router eventually.

I do stream in 4k on it as well .

My son has xbox series x although only 9 he's just getting to grips with it and that will involve big downloads in time.

0 Ratings
PAISLEY1903
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I took the plunge :-). 

thank you

0 Ratings