cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

To ring or not to ring? Mixed messages on BT website.

Hi

For the first time since the Coronavirus crisis began, I've received an offer to upgrade my Broadband when I logged into MyBT this morning. I ordered an upgrade but when trying to complete the order, received the "I'm sorry, we cannot process this order online at this time" message, with a phone number to ring.

However, on the front page of the BT website, there is a message saying that their phone lines are incredibly busy and should not be rang unless it is urgent. The order page also mentioned something about BT would ring me if the order was not completed today.

So - should I ring the number I was given to upgrade my Broadband, as elsewhere it suggests I shouldn't?

Or will I get a call back from BT at some stage even though they couldn't process my order?

I'm afraid the website isn't very clear on these points. I don't want to clog up the system (I'm an NHS keyworker myself so understand the importance of not doing so) but would like my existing patchy broadband to become a little more stable!

Cheers and thanks for reading.

Graeme

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: To ring or not to ring? Mixed messages on BT website.

phone the options team who are dealing with renewals 0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

@Borders750 

You can call this number  0800 800 030, that number is for contract renewals only. They usually answer very quickly.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for both of your replies. I'll ring the number you've both quoted and see how I get on.

0 Ratings