Did you mean: 
Highlighted
megtur463
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Top Cash Back

Go to solution

Hi all,

Signed up to BT Broadband as a new customer through TopCashBack  (29th April 2019.)

I did so because the deal looked great and the rewards that came with signing up (£110 topcashback, £80 Pre paid credit card and a tech gift)

The first hiccup occured  a few days later when I recieved an email that stated I had cancelled the order, which I had not done. I rang and spoke to a lovely customer service advisor who ensured me that this had been a glitch on BT's behalf and that she would re-order and that they would honour the deal I was given on the 29th April. I was told that this would not effect any of the rewards or TopCashBack.

Around a week after that, the same thing happened again and I raised a complaint with a customer service advisor. They assured me again that it had all been a glitch on behalf of BT and that the deal I was given on the 29th April would be honoured as well as the rewards and TopCashBack.

All services were then great, broadband is fast and is up and running with no problems.

My TopCashBack, however, has been declined.  After logging a missing cashback claim and emailing BT direct, I have just recieved an email this morning to be told by the BT Vouchers team that (quote) " There was no cashback offer ran by BT during the period of your initial order was placed which means that we will not be able to honour the claim cash back"

BT, this was one of the main reasons that myself, and a lot of people, chose to become a customer of yours. To be able to save money where we can in this current economic climate allows hard working people like myself to then treat my family to nice things when I can.

Very disappointed that BT have dangled this carrot just for people's custom.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Top Cash Back

Go to solution

Hi @megtur463,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry to read about the problem you've had with your order and I'm sorry that this has resulted in your TopCashBack payment being declined.

If you send me in your details, I'll be able to make sure that we link your original order back to your TopCashBack account. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me. You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @megtur463 

I tried calling again this morning, sorry to have missed you.

I just wanted to let you know that my colleague has got back in touch with me to let me know that they have processed your cash back and it will be in your TopCashBack account within the next 30 days.

There isn't anything else I need to do from here now that this has been processed.  Are you happy for me to close this off from here?

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
megtur463
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Robbie,

Thank you for putting this issue to bed so quickly, really appreciate it.

Yes I am happy to close off.

If there are still any issues, who would be the best person to contact?

Thanks,

Meghan.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @megtur463,

Thank you for posting back. @RobbieMac has gone home for the day. If there are any issues with the cashback after the 30 days, post back here and we'll be more than happy to help.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
megtur463
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @PaddyB 

That's great!

Thanks again for the help,

Meghan.

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @megtur463 

I have sent you a private message.  Please reply when you can spare a moment of your time.

Thanks! 😊

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings