Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gillym1
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Total incompetence!!

We contacted BT back in July as we needed our internet reconnected at our new address.

We were told it would be reconnected on 24th July.

That date came and went and when we contacted BT we were told that they had wrong house number and we had to start the order again . We were then told that the previous occupants hadn’t cancelled their phone line so they had to write to them at this address!!! Obviously they weren’t here because we are!!!Then they had to wait for a reply!!!

Our connection date was then forwarded to 4th August. That date came and went. 

They then blamed Outreach for not connecting us and we were assured it would be done on 10th August. Again that didn’t happen.

When my husband rang again we were reassured it would be done on 13th August!! Didn’t happen.

We were told we could lodge a complaint but it wouldn’t be dealt with until we’d been connected!

This is so frustrating!! Where do we go from here??

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Total incompetence!!

if the previous occupants had not cancelled there package then BT need to write to customer and get confirmation that ok for you to take over line or wait for a period if no reply received  this is OFCOM ruling and applies to all ISPs

have you got a working phone line yet?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gillym1
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Yes!! The phone is still connected!!

0 Ratings
gillym1
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Not for us though!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

i have asked forum mods to see if they can help or at least find out why delay  they are BT employees and will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gillym1
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

BT sent a letter to previous tenant, which of course came here!! 

0 Ratings
gillym1
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi @gillym1,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry the activation of your service has been delayed.

If the previous tenant hasn't canceled their service then this can delay BT from taking over the line. Normally BT allows 2 weeks for the previous tenant to respond to the letter sent to the installation address. If there is no response to the letter BT will go-ahead with the take over order.

If the previous tenant is the process of moving that active service to the new address, BT would need to wait for the Home Move order to complete first before the would be able to take over the line.

If you send me in your details, I'd be able to take a look at what is happening with your order.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me. You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
gillym1
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

It it was just a case of having to wait for previous tenant disconnection (this has been going on a month!)then if that had been explained it wouldn’t be so bad , but we’ve been told at least 3 times that connection was going to happen on 3 different dates . This is not acceptable, and completely misleading.

0 Ratings