cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niteman1969
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Totally lied to when switching to BT

Ok, so I got cold called by BT and given the information that fibre was coming to my area in a couple of weeks

and that BT customers would get it first as it came into the exchange - 2 months later and fibre is apparently not

scheduled till 2017 ??? So what kind of recompence do I get for this blatant untruth used to get me to switch and

I don't care what sort of bonuses the employees get for signing me up - the truth should always be paramount

I am now stuck in a 12 month contract thinking that a few weeks in I would be getting fibre broadband.

I was quite happy with sky and the only reason I switched was the possibility of getting fibre.

I am now getting slower internet speeds than when I was with sky and lots of frustration.

The only thing that is better on BT for me is the bt-wifi hotspots that allow me to go on the net.

That is a lifesaver because earlier today my internet went off for an hour and the my bt utility told

me that internet, phone line and everything was ok. Well not at my end....

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Totally lied to when switching to BT

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Fibre broadband is provided by Openreach.  BT retail get no priority, though it might take time for other providers to get around to offering it.

0 Ratings
niteman1969
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

None of this adresses the issue that I was literally conned into switching provider.

I want some action on this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

@niteman1969
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

0 Ratings