Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 26

Re: Totally unlimited infinity.

Yes, and just having another got now. 

Packages: Choose your package

Sorry the package you've chosen isn't available. Please choose an option below.

Package Monthly
Unlimited BT Infinity 2 + Calls  Find out more

This package gives you:

• BT Infinity 2 with up to 76MB connection speeds, 19MB upload speeds and an unlimited monthly usage allowance
  • Unlimited Evening & Weekend Calls to UK landlines after 7pm weekdays and weekends
  • BT Family Protection parental controls
  • BT NetProtect Plus online security
  • Online Storage
  • Only £25 a month, plus line rental, on a 12 month contract
  • Save £1 a month for 12 months

£25.00

That is what i get, but its the bit right at the very top about "package isn't available, that bothers me.
0 Ratings
swaber
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 26

i just used rattys link and every thing whent fine i will be activated tommorrow

0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 26

What package did you upgrade from? i am trying to upgrade from infinity 2 unlimited to Totally unlimited.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 14 of 26

I upgraded from Infinity 2 unlimited to Totally unlimited using the link.  (At least, I'll believe it when I see it, but looks good so far.)

Though, as I mentioned above, several attempts from remarkably similar links failed in much the same way your attempts failed.  

I think that there must be some very curious mechanism at the BT server end that tracks through the links and gives different behavious depending on recent visits and exactly when you logged in.  Sounds mad, but I can't think of any other explaination for how it has behaved for me.  ... Other than my less serious suggestion in another post of a random number generator somewhere in the process.  Or maybe it depends whether all your links go back to the same server at the server farm or a different one.  Alas, if you phone they are probably going back to the same mad server system.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 26

Trying now over the phone.

0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 26

The guy has just told me they do not restrict p2p on infinity 2 and that i am on a totally unlimited package and i cannot upgrade as there isn't another package for me to upgrade too. 

Is this right?? cos from what i am reading, he is wrong.

0 Ratings
zagnome
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 26

@Damian99 wrote:

The guy has just told me they do not restrict p2p on infinity 2 and that i am on a totally unlimited package and i cannot upgrade as there isn't another package for me to upgrade too. 

Is this right?? cos from what i am reading, he is wrong.

He's wrong. Live support told me something similar. They don't understand the difference between unlimited and unlimited without traffic shaping. 🙂

0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 26

For godsake how do i contact the Mods to pick this up for me, how can something so simple be so difficult to get sorted?? 

He was quite ignorant to be fair aswell, he wouldn't let me speak or explain anything.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 19 of 26

Just fill in this form to contact the mods. 🙂

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 20 of 26

how can something so simple be so difficult to get sorted??

BT are the experts at that.  I dread to think what the cost is to BT in fixing errors, reputation etc of their absurd order process and service is.

Good luck with the mods. I'm sure they will get it sorted.

0 Ratings