cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 26

Totally unlimited infinity.

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere and for duplicate posts.

I have been on infinity since Oct last year, i have seen and read about the new "totally unlimited" i have rung BT twice to ask about this package, as the way i have read this is, customers like myself have to "re-contract".

But both phone calls ended with BT telling me i am all ready on this package of "totally unlimited". 

Is this the case? and if not how on earth can i get "re contracted" onto the totally unlimited, without ringing up again and again.

Thanks for any help.

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 26

Re: Totally unlimited infinity.

You can use the following link to upgrade your Infinity package, just go down to the Or Upgrade your BT Infinity section: http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=29280

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 26

There is a long thread http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/New-Totally-Unlimited-usage/td-p/764962

It looks as if the most reliable number to call may be 0800 100 400, option 1.

BT ordering is always a complete mess.  Different routes round the website lead to different options and information, and I think different telephone lines will be similar.  I suspect the staff on most of the lines don't know what is going on.

~~~~

I've just used Ratty's link http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=29280 to recontract and it all appears to have gone through quite smoothly; with an estimated time of it coming into effect of tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 26

Yes, you will need to recontract to get the P2P restrictions removed and get the totally unlimited package.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 26

If i use the links, it says "Sorry the package you've chosen isn't available. Please choose an option below. 

It looks like its only giving me the package i am all ready on, when i ring them they tell me i am on the totally unlimited package as i am paying £26 for my service. 

Can one of the mods check and see exactly what i am getting and do the recontract(if need be) as i find ringing up and getting nowhere fast, a pain.

Thanks for the help.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 26

Yesterday, lots of the links said "Sorry the package you've chosen isn't available. Please choose an option below." for me as well.  Other similar links gave other unhelpful options.  

Ratty's worked for me first time this morning.  It may help if you are logged in to you BT  before you follow Ratty's link; try that and see if it is any different.  Otherwise, good luck with the mods; I'm sure htey'll get it sorted.

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 26

@Damian99 wrote:

If i use the links, it says "Sorry the package you've chosen isn't available. Please choose an option below. 

It looks like its only giving me the package i am all ready on, when i ring them they tell me i am on the totally unlimited package as i am paying £26 for my service. 

Can one of the mods check and see exactly what i am getting and do the recontract(if need be) as i find ringing up and getting nowhere fast, a pain.

Thanks for the help.

Are you using this section to recontract?:

upgrade.jpg

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 26

You could try logging in to myBT account and upgrade via that way.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 26

@ratty, yes that is what i see and even when i log in to my BT i am still not getting the option to re contract to the "totally unlimited" package(unless i am thick, which is a strong possibilty)

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 26

@Damian99 wrote:

@ratty, yes that is what i see and even when i log in to my BT i am still not getting the option to re contract to the "totally unlimited" package(unless i am thick, which is a strong possibilty)

Have you clicked on the upgrade now button?

0 Ratings