cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Transfer from BT Business to BT Residential

Hi.  Can anyone help me please?  I have been a BT business customer for many years and am now semi-retiring so wish to transfer from business to residential and keep my existing telephone number.  I have been passed back and forth between the business department and residential and are no further forward.  Suggestions welcome, thank you.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Transfer from BT Business to BT Residential

@Maisie-Moo 

It should be fairly straightforward, but you may get a short period with a temporary number.

Both services would come from the same exchange building, provided you are not moving.

This is how I would suggest.

Because BT Business and BT Residential are separate parts of the BT Group, you would have to place an order for a phone line from BT Residential as a working line takeover.

BT Residential would give you a new phone number, but you should be able to ask for a re-number back to your original number.

There may be restrictions on number transfer from business to residential, if the business number is associated with a company.

It would really be best if I ask a moderator to comment on this, but they cannot help with BT Business, only residential. I will ask one of them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Maisie-Moo

Thank you for posting the information at @Keith_Beddoe has posted is correct. If you no longer require your Business account you would need to place a working line takeover. With regard to keeping the number, your best bet would be to call BT Business on 08081000413 and they should be able to advise you on what needs to be done to transfer that number to a residential account.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Thank you for your speedy and helpful response. I shall try to action this again on Monday with the information you have provided.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Thank you very much for verifying the above comment, together with the relevant telephone number to call. It is really appreciated having spent so much time in trying to get this resolved already.
0 Ratings