Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 30

Re: Transferring Broadband " Cease " ?

Go to solution

Hi @Venomx

Thanks for your posts!

Apologies for the confusion.  I believe what has happened is that the current tenants have contacted their provider and requested for their services to be ceased.  That is the reason why the line is showing an open cease order and is putting a delay on your activation.

If you knew the currrent tenants you could ask them to cancel the cease order.  Once the cease order is cancelled, you could place your order as a working line takeover.  If their services are with BT there would be a 7 day lead time or if they're with another CP, it's 10 days.  This is the timescale needed to let the current tenant know that there has been a request to take over the line at the address.

If the cease order remains in place there is little you can do until the cease goes ahead I'm afraid.  You'd have to wait for it to be complete before placing a standard provide order.  I hope this clears things up a little but if you have any other questions, fire away Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie

Venomx
Expert
Message 12 of 30

Go to solution
thanks @RobbieMac

In " my BT " its now saying the order has been " cancelled " , so i phoned up to enquire why and they said we won't have an update until the 16th january
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 30

Go to solution

Hey @Venomx

That's frustrating.

The likelihood is that the 16th January is the date the cease order completes.  If you can chat to the tenants you could ask them to cancel the cease order so that you can place a working line takeover order.  That would get things done sooner.

Failing that, there isn't much else can be done I'm afraid Smiley Sad

Cheers,

Robbie

Venomx
Expert
Message 14 of 30

Go to solution

hanks guys.

I got an email an hour ago saying this ( see attached picture ) however on " MyBT" it is saying cancellation, hence the confusion.

I don't mind waiting if i have to, i'll just have to keep myself busy whilst i wait ( when i move )broadband flat.png

0 Ratings
Venomx
Expert
Message 15 of 30

Go to solution
with any luck i'll be able to use bt wifi with fon until this is sorted
0 Ratings
Venomx
Expert
Message 16 of 30

Go to solution

If thats the case, will it be likely to be up and running by the end of jan 2019 ?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 30

Go to solution

Hi @Venomx

As you're an existing BT customer you sure will be able to use your BTID to access BT Wifi with Fon hotspots in the meantime.

When the cease order goes through the line should show as a stopped line.  It will simply be the case of placing an order to restart the line in your name which only takes a couple of days.

Cheers,

Robbie

Venomx
Expert
Message 18 of 30

Go to solution
thanks @RobbieMac appreciate your time.
I know it's not all down to BT, as when i moved from TalkTalk to BT, TalkTalk took a long time transferring the line over, everything has been fine since ( 2 years ago )
The tenants current ISP is TalkTalk - thats all i know.

As i'm moving in on the 2nd Jan, surely he would have cancelled his service by then ?
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 30

Go to solution

Hey @Venomx

Thanks for posting back!

I'm not entirely sure to be honest.  The current tenant's CP may have a certain notice period  to cancel and maybe the cease date is in line with that?  I'm only speculating though as I do not know their processes.

If there is any way for them to cancel the cease so that you could place a working line takeover order that would get things done much sooner.

Cheers,

Robbie

Venomx
Expert
Message 20 of 30

Go to solution
Thanks Robbie

Once the line is “stopped” will BT automatically put the order back in or would I have to call back next month for an update ? Thanks
0 Ratings