cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Trying to connect to BT is like winning the lottery

It would be easier to win the lottery than talk to BT anyway maybe can help me figure something out.   This is what I'm trying to send to BT

Re: Your recent email to me about Home Essentials eligibility check.

Checking your records you will see that I had applied for ur social but you engineer advised me that because of a tree near a protected building he couldn't get a wire from the old poll to my house with the result I can't get fibre! (I'm 74 and on pension credit)

following quote from your email has given me room for concern: 'If you’re still eligible, you’ll continue on the same plan for another 12 months. If you’re no longer eligible, we’ll move you to a plan with the same features as your current Home Essentials package, which will be priced at £5 more each month.' However I'm concerned that the fact that I can't receive fibre because of what I mentioned above will put me at a double disadvantage - I might have to pay an extra five pounds because I can't get fibre through no fault of my own.

Can you confirm that f I'm still eligible that I will not have to pay that extra £5 per month

Kevin 

Account Number XXX

my email

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Trying to connect to BT is like winning the lottery

@kah22 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

I see you already have a broadband connection from BT, so FTTC (Fibre From The Cabinet)  over your existing copper cable, as shown on an earlier post.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/Dismal-speed-after-renewing-contract/m-p/2...

54.5 35 11.9 7.7 32.4 Available Available --

I assume that is full fibre (FTTP) that you are asking for, and this would involve a new optical fibre feed from a new pole which it not accessible.

Your existing package should continue as before, but you would not be able to take advantage of Full Fibre.

0 Ratings