cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobSten1306
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Trying to get my broadband Infinity order placed correctly

Hi, I came across this forum more or less as a last resort as it seems to be the only place where one can find a BT customer service person who is actually able to resolve a problem with a BT order.

I have been trying since the 1st of august to swap from John Lewis Broadband (plus net) Fibre to BT Infinity. I also wanted BT-Sport via Sky and I wanted to add the all inclusive phone package.

I tried to place the order on-line which at the time was offering a £60 Sainsburys Voucher but half way through the application I was informed that my existing home phone number would have to be changed. I cancelled the on-line application stupidly believing that phoning in the order would ensure that I could keep my number.

I spoke to a customer server rep and after several attempts was told that I could get the phone and Infinity2 transferred on the same day as I already had fibre on this phone line and no I wouldn't have to change my number and they would add in the all inclusive phone package at additional cost. I explained that I only phoned up because I didn't want to lose my number. We confirmed the installation date of the Monday 2nd Sept for transfer over and I was given an order number and eventually I received an email confirming the order number and link to check order progress.

However the ref number was not recognised by BT.Com and I had to call the main BT number repeatedly up till the 2nd Sept to confirm order progress and that all was well after reading lots of horror stories.

On Monday 2nd Sept the phone transferred over early am, the router arrived at 11:45am and the previous broadband disconnected at around 3:30pm. By 5:30pm I still had no service and contacted BT again only to be told that I had ordered copper unlimited broadband. I was then passed around several members of BT before I ended up with Jordan who told me that although she wanted to help because my order hadn't been completed she couldn't do anything. She would call back the next day. She didn't.

I called back to BT again today spent another hour on the phone before being cut off.

I called back again later in the afternoon and again got bounced around before I was told that I had to place the order again. I went through all the details and then when I explained the saga he offered to transfer me to 'customer rell...' or something.

I explained the sorry saga once again and then the lady cancelled the earlier order and raised yet another order sort of confirming that I had a delivery date of Saturday 14th Sept. She couldn't see it so has assumed that I still have that date reserved. The problem is I don't know what is coming when now, what services have been ordered, or what Broadband is being ordered because surprise surprise the BT.com website doesn't recognise the last order number I have been given. Nor have a received an email confirming today's order attempt.

I was told though that I can cancel if I call back by the 9th September. - why? Because that gets rid of me and this problem doesn't it!!!!!! I asked if it would be possible to at least be sent £60 worth of Sainsburys vouchers as good will gesture for all the rouble I've been having but no this isn't possible and the parting shot was to be transferred to the BT shop number where I was cut off.         

All I want is what I thought I'd ordered BT Infinity2, all inclusive phone, BT Smart talk, cloud etc, etc etc and BT Sport. The only thing that works so far is BT Sport and that is probably because Sky deliver that to me and NOT BT!

I've used up days holiday for nothing spent over 12 hours or more in total on the phone to BT missed out on offers and deals etc.  I should be billing BT for 12hrs x £62 and a days holiday by my reckoning that's  £1178 that this has cost me so far.

So if anyone can help sort this mess out I would grateful its my last resort!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Trying to get my broadband Infinity order placed correctly

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance. They will post an invite on this thread, giving you a link, so you can contact them.

0 Ratings
RobSten1306
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Hi Keith,

I emailed Warren Buckley last night as well and was surprised to receive an encouraging reply. Hopefully I've got someones attention and we can get a resolution to this mess.

Thanks

Robin 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi RobSten1306

Send us an email if you need help on this case and we can help look into this for you.

You can email us using the contact the mods link in my profile under the section 'About Me'.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
RobSten1306
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Well things have moved on today got a call from very helpful lady who has taken up my case and is ensuring that my order gets processed correctly this time. She gave me her contact details And promised to keep me updated via phone and email. Just need to keep fingers crossed that this time everything will turn out ok.
Many thanks to this forum and suggestions I found on here don't think anything would have happened otherwise.
Thanks
Robin
0 Ratings
RobSten1306
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Mmmm my account is now unrecognised by bt.com and the VOL reference that Patricia Kitts gave me is unrecognised. I'm worried now that the phone and **bleep** broadband being supplied will be cut off by open reach who from past experience are a law unto themselves! Patricia has indicated that she will call me Friday so I will sit tight for a few more days as I was offered a full cancellation if I contacted BT before 9th Sept.
0 Ratings
RobSten1306
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Latest Update. Patricia has a date for me for installation of Infinity2 so fingers crossed that this time the Openreach guy will set us up and we can get the benefit of switching to BT. 

0 Ratings
RobSten1306
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Last Update for the forum. Infinity finally installed last Thursday as arranged. Ethernet speed hitting 75mg and wireless now up to around 25mg. The BT router is not capable of switching away from channel 1 so switched to channel 9 and may consider other channels after checking wireless connection with inssider software. So all sorted but why oh why did it take nearly two months to resolve this? and once again it had to be resolved by the UK.    

0 Ratings