cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith-Miller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Trying to order a broadband package upgrade.

I have just discovered during a chat with BT agent that my BT Broadband contract ended several years ago and I have been paying far above what I needed to pay. There doesn't appear to be anywhere within My BT on the BT website that shows contract dates etc. To apply for a new package I was told to call the generic 0800 0800 150 number and they would help me. Sadly, they will only be able to help me if they answer the calls but do not appear to do so.

As there does not appear to be any other way of contacting BT does anyone here know how I can discuss/order a new broadband package? I tried the various online upgrade options but these seem to vary from page to page depending on the weather. I also get asked if I am a new customer ot an existing BT user. Which am I? I am new as in I have no contract but existing user as I already have a broadband product. Can anybody help? Thanks.

Keith Miller.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Trying to order a broadband package upgrade.

This may help with your contract dates.

How to view your contract terms

First of all you need to go to this page. https://www.bt.com/appsordermgmt/secure/listoforders.do
Then select the order that you wish to view, and on the top right there will be a link saying "Show contract terms"

contract.jpg

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

if you pay BT for your broadband package then you are an existing customer  try phoning 0800800030 options team and they will help you   they are uk based

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Guru
Message 4 of 13

Hi, give Customer Options Team a ring on 0800 800 030. Chose the leaving BT option. Tell them you believe you are out of contract and can you offer me any deals to stay.

Stew

Keith-Miller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your reply.

The link you supplied changes when clicked and goes to:

https://my.bt.com/s/apps/appsorder/customer/index.html#/listOfOrders

This is similar but slightly different and doen't seem to offer the Contract Terms after selecting an order.

Are you using the BT App? I only have a desktop pc so unable to use the app. I ask because the address content refers to "apporder"

Regards,

Keith.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

No I an just using a PC. Its possible the link may have changed, but I posted it on this thread

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Contract-Duration-and-Expiry-date/m-p/1916204#M105552

And it gave the right answer.

If you are out of contract, then it may not show anything.

0 Ratings
Keith-Miller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and info.

I could see both sides of being a new or existing BT user but always assumed I was an existing customer. I think it confused me because a few years back people often referred to being "out of contract" and therefore eligible for new revised terms that were on offer. If the offer was accepted then once again you were back "in contract" for however many years were involved.

Keith.

0 Ratings
Keith-Miller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Hi,

Thank you for your reply and help.

I will give the number a call. I kept calling the 150 number and getting no answer apart from constant refereces to how busy they were.

Keith.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

Call 0800 800 030 not 150.

0 Ratings
Keith-Miller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Re: Contract Duration and Expiry date.

Hi Keith,

Thanks for getting back to me.

As you say, it may have changed, but I'll give the link a try in different browsers to see if that helps. I just wanted to know how long I'd been out of contract before I called about a new one.

I wasn't aware of the other forum. I've been away for a number of years so will take a look.

Regards,

Keith.

0 Ratings