cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith-Miller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 13

Re: Trying to order a broadband package upgrade.

Having spent the best part of the afternoon waiting for someone to answer my call to 08000800030 I have  now given-up. I would have thought a separate number to call would be useful for people who are trying to place orders but what do I know? BT are a communications company so they must know what's best.

Does anyone know of any other phone numbers that I could try? Better still, an email address of some sort that I can write to and wait in my own time for a reply rather than sitting twiddling my thumbs while a lady tells me all the information I need can be found on the website.

I'd rather NOT leave BT as I've been with them for a long time and don't really want to change all my mail addresses etc. but I'm starting to think it may not be such a bad idea after all.

Keith.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 13

Ringing  0800 800 030 should get you through reasonably quickly , longest I had to wait was 10 minutes. Make sure you know what other ISPs are offering so that you can haggle - also be expected to hit a brick wall if you get an uncompromising operative  just politely say no thank you and ring back a bit later - the people you talk to can be hit or miss as to getting a good deal.

0 Ratings
Keith-Miller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 13

Thanks Conrad. It was actually 0800 800 030 I called. I just got carried away with the 0's when I posted. I tried several times and each time I was in a queue waiting for thirty minutes or more for an agent to be free.

So not only do I have to wait for someone to take my call I now have to hope that the guy is in a good mood and will be co-operative.  Who on earth are BT employing these days?Is there not a standard policy?

(No offence to you Conrad, BT's failings are not your fault and I do appreciate your help.)

Keith.

0 Ratings