Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robgoldsmith
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Trying to sign up for BT Package

Go to solution

I signed up for a Phone, Broadband and TV package in early December. Phone line was activated as scheduled on 24 December.

I then got a text from BT on 28 December asking me to ring 0800 731 0286 and provide my MAC so that they could progress my broadband order. On calling the number, I was then informed that they had no record of my broadband order (even though I'd just received a text about it!)

I then spent the next hour being passed from one customer service rep to another, basically being told that I'd need to place a new order for broadband and TV and I was no longer entitled to the package deal I'd signed up for! Great way to spend my birthday, thanks BT!!

Eventually, I was passed to a senior customer service rep called Rohit, who 'found' my original broadband and TV order. He said that the reason it wasn't showing was because the phone line had to be activated first before the broadband order could be placed. He assured me that I would receive a call from BT on 31 December to request my MAC. Unsurprisingly, I received no such call.

I've now also received a bill for my first month's phone line rental - including charge for not using direct debit - despite the fact that when I bought the package I opted to pay the first year's line rental upfront.

Essentially, I just want to get the package I signed up for, but the call centre seem unable to give me that, even though I have email confirmation from BT of the package I ordered.

Can anyone from BT help me please?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Trying to sign up for BT Package

Go to solution

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.
Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phonemod contact.JPG

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi robgoldsmith,

That's not good at all, please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and we'll be happy to help you get this sorted. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

robgoldsmith
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks Neil, I've submitted the request.

Rob.

0 Ratings
robgoldsmith
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Neil

I've had two very helpful people from BT call today and resolve all the issues. Not sure if you had a hand in it but thank you regardless.

Rob.

0 Ratings