cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Tv box stolen and Bt asked for new contract to replace it

Go to solution
My tv box was stolen after 3 years with them. They replaced it and they said in the small print I have a new contract with them. I changed to virgen now and when we rang to cancel ( because we didn't notice the small print) they want us to pay 300£ penalty. How I could use the tv service if I didn't get a box? Should them replace if it's a case of break in and I can prove it? Thanks
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Tv box stolen and Bt asked for new contract to replace it

Go to solution

@einch2003

Welcome to this user forum.

If you asked for a replacement when you were out of contract, then your phone, broadband, and TV contract would have been renewed.

You could have claimed on your household insurance, and purchased a replacement from a retail outlet.

The charges for cancellation would be correct.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

The trouble is that it's your YouView box - they supply you with a box to keep, not lend you one.  So if the box is stolen, you have to buy a new one yourself, or agree a new 12 month contract and they will send you a new one.

The 12 month contract comes with early termination fees.

Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
I know it now but they should informed over the phone about the new contract when we explained our situation. Anyway, I managed to cancel Virgen on the cooling period and I will wait for contract to finish. Thanks for responses.
0 Ratings