cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frenchsirius
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Two tales of despair and disappointment. more Black Friday problems.

As you may know Virgin media has sold all it's BB customers to Talktalk and is removing their emails.

Due to this I decided to come over to BT , largely due to the BT Sport and good initial offer.

When I made contact I was told by BT that I did not need a mac code to transfer from VM but this turned out not to be true.  This delayed my order for a week, then VM /TT deliberately delayed giving me a mac code.

When I finally got it on 22nd I gave it to BT , they checked it , typed it in an gave me an activation date, I was assured the mac code was valid by BT , I double checked as I don't trust the VM/ Talktalk combine.

All going well , until today I get a phone call and email saying BT don't have my mac code.

I call back, BT claim the mac code is not valid. How can it be valid on Monday but not today.. There is no way VM will give me another one before my activation date. I have no idea how to progress..

Second sad story

Due to a price hike my mother changed her BB supplier on Black Friday . Mac code etc goes well. Activation date agreed. Then for no reason BT cancel and immediately reinstate her order but increase the BB price from £5 per month to £16.  She phones back, gets it changed back,  gets confirmation email again. 2 days latter the same, phone call telling her price is £16 and email to same effect. This has happened at least 3 times.  Finally yesterday they tried negotiating a price with her , at one point they offer her BB for 5.88 a month.  This is ludicrous. She has a contact for BB at £5 a month and BT are trying everything they can to wiggle out of it..

Have we made a terrible mistake coming to BT... beginning to think so.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
frenchsirius
Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Two tales of despair and disappointment. more Black Friday problems.

Update

Nothing good.

I am promised an email to tell me if the mac code given by VM is valid or not , obviously nothing arrives.

So I check my BT account. I notice my activation date has been pushed back but confirmed for 5 Jan.

I phone up the call centre.

Lady there is apologetic, turns out iniitial mac code was valid all along and they had tried to activate it twice.

She said my order would be fast tracked to 30th Dec Tues.

Great I thought. I was told I would get an email and phone call to confirm. Again good stuff in theory.

However I do get an email. My activation date is now 6th of Jan. My mac will expire on 16th Jan and I will have to pay VM another months internet and £30 for a replacement mac if the order gets pushed back again.

So in summary 

I should have had BT Broadband on 12 Dec. Smiley Indifferent

Pushed back to 19th Dec Man Frustrated

Pushed back to 22nd Dec Cat Sad

Pushed back to 31 Dec Man Mad

Pushed back to 5 JanWoman Frustrated

Briefly brough t forward to 30 DecRobot LOL

Pushed back to 6 Jan Cat Mad

Guess I will have to phone tomorrow to see if it can be delayed yet further.. haha

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

there is no charge for a MAC code if you have been told that by Virgin you have been misinformed
0 Ratings
frenchsirius
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Well thats good then one less thing to worry about.

Just have to get the BT order activated.

0 Ratings
frenchsirius
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

To continue my tale.

My order is also being expedited and I am meant to receive a call at 11.00 A.M. tomorrow to tell me when the BB will be activated, allegedly " guaranteed! to be before midnight Tuesday! " , who want to place a bet on if it will or will not be activated by then .........

I'm guessing , I won't get a phone call and I won't get activated..

0 Ratings
frenchsirius
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Well I did get a phone call, again allegedly I will have my BT broadband activated by midnight tomorrow..

Wouldn't want to be CS / Social media team  if it doesn't happen

0 Ratings
Highlighted
frenchsirius
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Well as per usual BT let me down , yet again.

A fast track order and a personal guarantee by the BB activation team.

Again no BB activation , and by the way before I am flamed, I know it could be midnight tonight but I know it won't be.

So tomorrow I will have to phone to cancel my contact with BT and look for my phone and BB elsewhere.

I don't take well to being deliberately lied too at least twice and fobbed off multiple times.

0 Ratings
frenchsirius
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

I should have had BT Broadband on 12 Dec. :smileyindifferent:

Pushed back to 19th Dec :manfrustrated:

Pushed back to 22nd Dec :catsad:

Pushed back to 31 Dec :manmad:

Pushed back to 5 Jan:womanfrustrated:

Briefly brough t forward to 30 Dec:robotlol:

Pushed back to 6 Jan :catmad:

Not acvtivated on 30th as promised by 2 phone calls. Woman Frustrated

Well phone up today, got told a whole bunch of lies about dates, noticed they had changed my order date from 4th Dec to 24 Dec haha , ,,,,maybe I can claim the £75 voucher now!..   

CS have credited my bill with £5 compensation ! wow ! ..

and say I can leave with no penalty if BB isn't activated by end of day... they must be really confident that it will happen..

0 Ratings
frenchsirius
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Yet again another bunch of lies from the call centre.

BB not activated yet again for 8th time, is this a record or do I have some way to go..

Fantastic customer service  !

Thanks for the new year present.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Hi Frenchsirius,

I am sorry to hear about the delay in getting your Broadband service activated. I would like to take a look at your order. Please could you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings