Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wizen
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

Ultrafast Broadband - Amber Status - Can't Order Through BT

Go to solution

My cabinet has just been enabled for g.fast. My stats are below. I can't upgrade through the BT website, but I am able to order through other providers - such as EE - with a minimum speed guarantee of 86Mbps, and up to 146Mbps. I run two businesses from home, and I am desperate for more bandwidth (currently get 70Mbps on FTTC). I would be happy to get a meagre increase to 90Mbps for the price, but BT doesn't appear to give me the opportunity to order. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm only 200m from the cabinet as the crow flies. What's the point of rolling out g.fast if the cabinet has to literally be sitting in your back garden for you to be able to order it? I have done some brief reading, and I know the pod can't be at capacity, as it was only installed a few weeks ago, and only activated a few days ago.

fefefefefefefe.PNG

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Ultrafast Broadband - Amber Status - Can't Order Through BT

Go to solution

@Wizen 

You mention you cannot order/upgrade online, do you get an error message?  Have you tried calling BT?

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
pippincp
Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

All Ultrafast orders (including G.Fast) are dealt with by the FTTP team. 0800 587 4787.

Wizen
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

It has just started saying that I can get it, but the only service I'm offered on the upgrade screen is Superfast Fibre 3 Plus (£54.99). I don't think BT could have made the packages more confusing if they tried. Honestly. "You can get a speed guarantee of 100Mb with our new Ultrafast Fibre Plus.", followed by "superfast fibre plus, superfast fibre plus +, and Superfast fibre 3 plus". The most moronic branding I've ever seen. What is the next package going to be called? Ultrafast Superfast Fibre 5 Plus 100Mb+ Plus + Complete Wifi"? And when I check which services I can order when I'm signed out, it says something completely different.. It says "Ultrafast Fibre Plus 137Mb-138Mb".

So are Superfast 3 Plus and Ultrafast the same?

gerhewrhrehjre.PNGloggedout.PNG

0 Ratings
Wizen
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

To top it off, the website flat-out refuses to let me upgrade now. I am unable to see the options I had earlier. If go to "My Account", and click "Broadband upgrades" I only get options to upgrade to BT Plus with the same speed. If I click "buy our products", and then click "ultrafast broadband, I get the message saying "Fantastic...." with the confirmation I can get g.fast, but when I click the "upgrade broadband" button under "Already with us?", I get a completely blank white page, regardless of browser (Brave, Chrome, Firefox and Opera). I then tried to use the live chat function, and was abruptly cut off with some spiel about the advisor not being able to do anything because he's with accounts and billing, and a generic number to call to place the order.

I honestly can't get over how bad this website is. A telecoms provider that is seemingly unable to maintain a functioning website. I can't even get the same options I posted earlier above. The upgrade page is spewing out completely different results.

0 Ratings
Wizen
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Sorted it on the phone with the value team. Only took two hours but we got there. Not the people on the phone at fault whatsoever. They were brilliant. But this website needs some work.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Ultrafast cannot currently be ordered online, hence my giving you the correct number to ring. If you tried a different route...

0 Ratings