Beginner
lucaslonglegs

Unable to access email, online billing etc

Can someone help please.  I signed up for infinty online and had phone and internet transferred to BT yesterday.  I can access the internet without any problem, but am unable to sign in to "my bt"  If i click the forgot password button it says Sorry, We could not find a user with this username.
If i try to access email via yahoo i get

This ID is not yet taken.
Are you trying to register for a new account?

This is despite me getting the information from the welcome letter that states what my usename and password is to access both my bt and email

Thank you

Guru
Andy_N

Re: Unable to access email, online billing etc

lucaslonglegs wrote:

Can someone help please.  I signed up for infinty online and had phone and internet transferred to BT yesterday.  I can access the internet without any problem, but am unable to sign in to "my bt"  If i click the forgot password button it says Sorry, We could not find a user with this username.
If i try to access email via yahoo i get

This ID is not yet taken.
Are you trying to register for a new account?

This is despite me getting the information from the welcome letter that states what my usename and password is to access both my bt and email

Thank you

Hi.

Usually, the bt.com access and your BTinternet/BTYahoo! will be different - but they could easily be the same if set up for you.

The MyBT access is via "this" service you are on now, i.e. bt.com - and you can get there by clicking :-

https://www.bt.com/appsyouraccount/secure/cyahub.do

(but may need logging in)

When you try to login to email, try this http://mail.yahoo.com, and when it asks for your Yahoo! ID, enter the full btinternet email address (including @btinternet.com) and password you were given.

Was yesterday the actual date the service was supposed to start ?

Beginner
lucaslonglegs

Thanks for your reply Andy,

my service did start yesterday, i had openreach come in and install modem and home hub, i know i am actually using BT's infinty service as the previous speeds i were getting were less than 1 mbps and am know getting 33 mbps.  Its as though the my bt service and email service is not active.

Beginner
lucaslonglegs

they were also the two sites that i were trying to access from.

Guru
Andy_N

lucaslonglegs wrote:

Thanks for your reply Andy,

my service did start yesterday, i had openreach come in and install modem and home hub, i know i am actually using BT's infinty service as the previous speeds i were getting were less than 1 mbps and am know getting 33 mbps.  Its as though the my bt service and email service is not active.

Clearly you have access to bt.com, in order to post to these forums :smileyhappy:, so I suppose you set up a new access in order to post.

I agree - it does seem like your email service is not currently active. It may perhaps be ready in a couple of days. Hopefully a Mod can take a look for you if they read this thread.

I didn't realise that "they" issued users with a bt.com access, but maybe you need to register that account ?

Beginner
lucaslonglegs

Thanks for that Andy, having reread the letter i have registered my account with the email adress that i set up on ordering.  Its not actually clear that its not to access My BT.  But it should be active as it says that important information regarding my account will be sent to that email add.