cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Polmon
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Unable to activate BT ID

I've just signed up for BT and have been emailed my order detail and a second email telling me to sign up for my BT I'd (which I would like to do ASAP so I can use the local WiFi spot). However, when I click the link in the email is asks me to enter my mother's maiden name, and when I enter it and click the button it tells me that it is incorrect.

I'm quite sure I know what my mother's maiden name is, but nothing I enter seems to work (changing case or spelling variations).

What can I do to sort this out?
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to activate BT ID

0 Ratings
Polmon
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Well, that was a waste of time. I just spent 25 minutes waiting then explaining the problem to someone, who then proceeded to tell me that I can't activate my BT ID until after my installation date.

Surely that's not the case? The guy on the phone when I placed my order explicitly said I could use the WiFi spots before the install using my BT ID, and they have immediately sent me the email to set it up. A big company like BT can't get something like that wrong, is it?

Any other ideas?
0 Ratings
Polmon
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

I managed to get through to someone in a UK call centre on the phone who was able to help me set up my BT ID, which is great news. I've now gotten into my account on the BT website and changed my password etc, and everything seems OK - until I try to connect to the WiFi, then I get told my credentials are incorrect.

How can something so simple not just work?
0 Ratings