Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wahlfeld
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Unable to cancel because no one answers the phone

Go to solution

As the title suggests, I can't cancel my broadband because BT won't pickup the phone. I've tried several times and been on hold for 30min+ each time. I'm leaving the country soon so I actually NEED to cancel this service. There's literally nothing to negotiate. I'm leaving, it's going to happen, therefore I just need someone to cancel my service ASAP.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Unable to cancel because no one answers the phone

Go to solution

if you are still in a fixed term contract then you will have cancellation fees to pay depending on how long contract has left

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
wahlfeld
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Ah yeah that's a great point. I'll cancel my flights now, unpack everything, reinstate all my utilities, and tell everyone I've decided to stay in the country because I don't want to be charged a cancellation fee.

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

I wouldn't go that far I would just pay the cancellation fees😀

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
wahlfeld
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

whoosh

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Unfortunately you'll just have to keep trying as it can only be cancelled over the phone. They are busier than usual given the current ongoing situation but someone will answer eventually

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@wahlfeld wrote:

whoosh

Is that the sound of your jet leaving🤣

pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@wahlfeldwrote:

Ah yeah that's a great point. I'll cancel my flights now, unpack everything, reinstate all my utilities, and tell everyone I've decided to stay in the country because I don't want to be charged a cancellation fee.

Hi @wahlfeld ,

Always look on the bright side of life - at least you HAVE a flight to somewhere 😀

0 Ratings