cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Unable to change BT ID Username email address.

When trying to change my BT ID Username email address I continually get the message  "sorry there was a problem saving your changes. Please try again".

I tried the help chat line but was cut off while typing a response.

This is probably the wrong board as I can't see one that fits my query.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to change BT ID Username email address.

Hi @LesWT welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm afraid it's not possible to change your BT ID username on the website.

We would need to delete your current MyBT account login details and then you would need to create a new BT ID from scratch and link it to your BT account information. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how you can contact the moderation team if you'd like us to help with this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Neil

Did your reply relate to the BT ID Username or the display name used on BT Community?

I know you can't easily change the BT Community display name, but I have recently changed my BT ID Username through the My BT website. I followed-up with an online chat to make sure the new email address was carried across to other BT systems. I'm now worried that I'll need to start all over again with a new BT ID.

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

@david644803 I'm referring to the BT ID, what you have done is fine. We can't change the ID for the customer so if the self serve process on the website is not working we need to delete and set up an new one.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Neil

Thanks for the swift response. I've not received any BT emails since changing my BT ID Username and my email address no longer appears under Marketing Preferences in My BT. Could you check that the new address has reached all the necessary systems?

David

0 Ratings