Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guelfo83
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Unable to get final bill despite account closure

Go to solution

I was asked to register an post a question here from your TrustPilot agents.

I spoke to an agent on the 06/07/21 and we agreed my services would be terminated on the 13/07/21. Due to ongoing issues with broadband speed, I was told that the early termination fees and disconnection charges would be waived. Following that conversation, I received an email confirming both my broadband and landline would be terminate on the 13th and the final bill generated within 7 days. My broadband and landline were in fact terminated on the 13th, however, the final bill was not generated and despite I have spoken to multiple agents on the Billing Team and logged a complaint, no one seems to be able to resolve this issue.

My account has been closed and, if I try to login from the BT app, it says there is no account linked to my email address. I have never had any other service from BT, including email, TV, etc. If I login from the website, it also shows that a standard monthly bill will be generated on the 24th, despite my services terminated on the 13th. The billing team said this is not possible but the system shows the next billing date and amount.

The agents told me my account should be in credit as I have been previously billed until the 24/07 but my services terminated on the 13/07 but they said they cannot generate my final bill as this is something the system must do. This problem happened to me in the past with a different account and I was debited despite my account was closed. It took 2 months and my MP to resolve this and I do not want to go through all of that again.

Is there anyone from BT who can investigate the reason why I have not received my final bill and finally generate the final bill? Can you also stop your system from generating monthly bills and debiting me?

I have asked to have my complaints escalated by the agents refused to do so, despite your Complaints Code of Conduct clearly states I can have my complaint escalated if the agent is unable to resolve it. A lady from the billing team told me she has spoken to multiple teams, including the connection team but no one knows how to help. She said the offline team might be able to help but she does not know when they will look into this. 

Can you please help?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 11

Re: Unable to get final bill despite account closure

Go to solution

Hi @Guelfo83 

Welcome to the BT Community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to see that you had problems with your broadband speed which resulted in your services being cancelled.  It really shouldn't have been so difficult for you to get this resolved.  You're absolutely right, you should have been given the option to speak with a manager at your request and I am sorry that didn't happen.

It's clear that you have had a really poor experience so we will pick this up and sort everything out for you from here.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Guelfo83
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @RobbieMac I have replied to your message and provided the information required.

0 Ratings
Guelfo83
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

HI,

I have provided all my details as requested but I have not received any update and the final bill has not yet arrived. Is someone actually working on it?

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Guelfo83 and thanks for sending over your details.

We're looking at this for you and will be in touch soon.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Guelfo83
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks @DavidM I really appreciate that and I’m looking forward to seeing a resolution. Have a great weekend.

0 Ratings
Guelfo83
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Good morning,

The final bill was generated on the 25th and I have got my refund today; however, MyBT states that the next direct debit will be collected on or after the 7th of September. It looks like there is still something wrong with my account.

Can you please fix this as I do not want to have to deal with DD on a monthly basis?

Thanks,

0 Ratings
Guelfo83
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Good morning,

@DavidM 

The final bill was generated on the 25th and I have got my refund today; however, MyBT states that the next direct debit will be collected on or after the 7th of September. It looks like there is still something wrong with my account.

Can you please fix this as I do not want to have to deal with DD on a monthly basis?

Thanks,

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Guelfo83 I'm sorry for any confusion caused, I'll let @DavidM know you've posted. I would like to reassure you there is nothing wrong with your account and no direct debit will be collected on the 7th of September. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Guelfo83
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO 

Thanks for your reply.

I can share a screenshot with you if this helps?

0 Ratings