cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Unable to manage BT Wi-Fi : Sorry something's gone wrong

Hi,

I've been trying to enable the BT wifi service, as part of my broadband package. When i try to enable i get a sorry message (as below).

I've spoken with the helpdesk and they have reset it, but still not working after many days 

gmcdonough_0-1636451117411.png

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Graham

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to manage BT Wi-Fi : Sorry something's gone wrong

Hi @gmcdonough welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having trouble enabling BT wifi. Do you have more than one account attached to your BT ID? If you do you need to make sure that the correct one is selected from the drop-down after you log in.

Post back and let me know how you get on, we'll be happy to assist if you need any further help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @NeilO,

I had 2 accounts (2 separate lines to premises) up until 2 years ago, when i had one of them ceased, as no longer needed.

When i log into MyBT, i can see i have 2 account numbers, but only one has any products active (landline & Broadband). Its this account (with active products) that provide a link to enable the BT-FI, but fails. The ceased account doesn't have any product active, only the option to 'add now'.

Do you know if there is a way to have the wifi package enables on the active account, if its on the ceased one?

Thanks

Graham

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @gmcdonough thanks for confirming that, we should be able to help you get this sorted and I'll send you a private message so you can send over your details to the moderation team.

You'll get the private message by clicking on the envelope in the top right of the community.

Thanks

Neil 

0 Ratings