Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Unable to manage FTTP products from My BT site or App

Hi all

I have been experiencing a problem since doing a home move back in 2018 with My BT. I have not been able to manage my account either online or through the app.

I've know about the problem for all this time but only recently have been trying to do something about it - Broadband is up for renewal.

I am a FTTP customer currently on Superfast 4 330Mb/s down 50Mb/s up and also on Halo 1.

When I log in to My BT it gives me a message telling me that my broadband is due for renewal with a Renew now button, clicking on the button gives me an error message - 

Sorry, we can't show you any personalised deals here at the moment. If you've already got broadband with us, give us a call on 0800 672 476. Don't have broadband with us yet?

Who has time to spend at least 20 mins in queue waiting to renew!!

The other weird thing happens when I try to manage my broadband package - I go to 'Your products', click on the 'Manage' button under broadband, it gives me a nice page telling me what I have with another 'Manage' button. As soon as I click the second 'Manage' button I get redirected to the BT products and services page. Doesn't matter what browser I use does the same thing.

Another weird thing - My landline does not appear on my account at all, even though it is on my bill!!

So as you can imagine I have been on with technical support for the landline and broadband management issue and provided the same screenshots at least 3 times.

I have been told that I cannot manage my landline as I don't have one on my account and then after presenting a copy of the bill the story has changed to be that I cannot manage my landline as it is not PSTN - it is delivered through the FTTP connection (No copper on the estate). OK, I can accept that but, when it comes to the question of managing the broadband after 3 or 4 weeks of backwards and forwards with various different excuses from the technical team they have now just come back with the answer that I cannot manage my products 'BY DESIGN', what the hell!!!

So aside from my rant, I am curious to see if there are any other FTTP only customers who also cannot manage their broadband or landline accounts through My BT. Would like to know if I am just being fobbed off as, if it is by design, why don't BT first line advisers know this and why has it been backwards and forwards so many times before being told. Why do I even have the buttons to click on.

As a bit more information, as part of troubleshooting I had my My BT account deleted and when I tried to recreate it I couldn't use my landline number with my account number - it wasn't recognised. I had to create the account using my BT mobile phone number with account number.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Unable to manage FTTP products from My BT site or App

It used to be a common problem that MyBT couldn't cope with an FTTP connection and contract . I'm not certain that anything was  actually resolved.

It may be that the Mods will have to help you get it sorted or explain what the problem is although with the shift to FTTP being pushed forward you would have thought that BT would have sorted it but there again their systems tend to be a real hotch pot of things.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Hi Conrad

Thank you for your reply, do you know how I can get this passed to the mods so that it can be looked in to?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Still not getting anywhere with customer services.

Can anyone suggest how I can bring this to the attention of the moderators to maybe get a resolution or even a proper explanation as to why it’s not possible to manage my products through MyBT?

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Have you taken this up with the FTTP team 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Hi @imjolly 

I initially raised this through online chat and have had several telephone conversations regarding it where I have provided screenshots and had remote sessions.

I can’t tell you which team it was as they have called me each time and just introduced as calling from BT. Each time they have said that it has been referred to the backend team.

I did initially get a VOL complaint ref.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful than that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 9

Hi @rsteer did you get this sorted in the end ? I have the same problem online with certain things i.e not showing my personalised deals even though it says they are waiting for me... I also have FTTP
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Hi @daniel6 

My ‘complaint’ just got closed off one day with no further contact from the support team.

I ended up renewing by calling as the new products had been released and I wanted to go for the 900Mb service.

I would suggest calling the FTTP team as mentioned above as the guys on that team do have a bit more of an idea of what’s going on, I just haven’t got round to it yet. If you get yours sorted I would really appreciate you letting me know how and I will do the same if I get there first.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 9

@rsteer 

thank you will do 

0 Ratings