cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Unable to order 900 despite it being offered

Hi all

Moved into new property in December 2020 and placed order for BT Fibre 900 in November 2020.

Order got all the way to the end and then failed. Upon speaking to BT, could only order 300, with a view to upgrading "early this year when it became available."

5 months on BT website says 900 available at address, ZEN says 900 available at address, as does various broadband comparison sites.

Chat with BT online - told no offers available at the moment on my account and to come back in 5 days. Come back in 5 days and no offer in online account. I'm not sure he understood I shouldn't have to have an offer to upgrade, I just want it upgraded.

Just checked again on bt.com and ZEN. Upon entering postcode and house number - 900 service is showing as available.

BT wholesale checker shows 300 for the address. Why are these companies advertising you can get something when you clearly can't?

Advice welcome please - I would like the 900mb service. Thank you.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Unable to order 900 despite it being offered

using a post code in the checker is not very accurate and address is slightly better with best of all being phone number if you are a BT customer

either enter phone number or address and post results remember delete address before posting

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 13

Give the FTTP team a ring. 0800 587 4787

Message 4 of 13

Thanks for the response - much appreciated.

Entering the telephone number that went live in December states the following:

There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line. The address checker reveals up to 330Mbps. So pre-empting the reasoning here, in my mind the exchange isn't capable but there's a problem in the marketing side with the website and I'll have to wait if at all.

Interesting that ZEN also seem to believe that their 900 service is available.....................

magictorch19761_0-1621864280449.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

phone the number given by @pippincp 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 13

That what it says for me to when I type in my phone number

But when I do the address checker and postcode it says I can get up to 1000 down and 220  up but we called bt and they say we cant get it yet? Also my the 330 package what I have now isn't showing up on the site either

I wonder if bt has any clue what speeds people can actually get?  As we was told we shouldn't be able to get the 330 down and 50 up  but we have it 😂

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

@stephen_1982 

do you have digital voice?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

The new phone system? Yes we got it installed ages ago 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

There seems to be a general problem with the checker when using a number that is on Digital Voice.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

I emailed another open reach isp provider and they say we are enabled to purchase the 900 now and they are not sure why bt are telling me I can't get it? The 900 and 330 is not showing on the page any more  I will wait untill June as that is when our contract runs out with bt will try another isp 

0 Ratings