cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Unable to purchase a broadband package because address is not listed

Hi I've been shopping around for a new broadband package as my contract with Virgin has come to an end and I've found a better price here. The problem is when I enter my postcode and my address doesn't seem to be listed (despite the several other houses being listed). Now I know my house can support the package because, well, all the other houses by me can haha.

It is not a new build house, none of the houses at my postcode are. My address is in the Royal mail database as well as my councils and even Virgins database but bizarrely it isn't with BT. What can I do?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to purchase a broadband package because address is not listed

@Teacosie 

Openreach may not have any routing showing, its happens quite a lot.

Place an order for a phone line  using this link - https://www.bt.com/landline/deals

If the address doesn't appear properly when you enter the postcode, there is a section underneath where you can manually enter the address. This will raise the order with the address showing as bronze and it will prompt Openreach to carry out a survey to confirm the routing. Once the routing is updated the order will then progress as normal.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to purchase a broadband package because address is not listed

Through that link my address does actually show up although it was awkwardly placed at the very bottom under the "----more addresses - only select if not above-----" when numerically my address should be at the top

0 Ratings