Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unwina
Expert
Message 1 of 6

Unable to renew Line Rental Saver Online

Go to solution

So I've just recently renewed my BB contract and unfortunately without realising I now cannot make online request for the upgrade of Line Rental Saver(LRS). In fact the outstanding order for BB is also stopping me seeing detail regarding the new calls data on my landline too.

I've read somewhere that one is only allowed to have 1 order on the BT system at once which is a bit odd for software in todays digital world.

Does anyone know how long a BB renewal will take to close on the BT orders system such that I will be able to both see my day to day calls info since my last bill and even more importantly be able to renew my LRS online by 20/11.

My BB renewal order is set for 14/11 and my LRS needs to be renewed by 20/11 for me to get the full benefit of LRS. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to renew Line Rental Saver Online

Go to solution

If your order confirmation states the BB renewal date is 14/11/2020, you can renew the LRS on 15/11/2020, the day after the BB order closes, LRS can be renewed in the last 28 days for future reference if it helps.

unwina
Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

thx i was assuming that but its just that I have read other posts that suggest the orders frequently get stuck.

Also at present I can't see any detail on my phone use - I have 700 mins deal and usually I can see my day to day stuff up to yesterday. At present I cannot see anything as it reports that its not available at this time. That only seemed to start when I made the order for BB renewal. Whilst I understand that BB and phone using the same lines in real terms internally I would have expected them to be separated. 

Mind you from the new email system that BT is delivering up I'd be surprised if the software works at all much longer. Having worked in BT when the orders systems did work much better its a shame that the company seems to have has taken a downward step in terms of quality over the last few years.

I'll give it a go on the 15th and see how it goes otherwise i'll ring them and do it and I'm guessing hang on for sometime in these much slower covid times.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

If your last renewal was before December 2019, then your BB order is also changing the calling plan, which explains why you can't see full details, it's part of a change in progress.

0 Ratings
unwina
Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I was quite confused by that since I had changed my calling plan a couple of months ago when they announced it. That's really why I wanted to look at the calls data as the wife makes many more calls during lockdown. Mind you so far we have been nowhere near the 700 call limit. 

Thx for your pointers very much appreciated

0 Ratings
unwina
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

So it seems that the contributors to this thread were right - Only single orders can be done at once - bit odd but my fears from reading other threads concerning locked systems on completed orders not releasing correctly were unfounded for my case.

Once the changes for the BB renewal was completed on the 13th I was able to actually sort out the Line Rental Saver (LRS) payments. The confusing thing with the process was that it suggested the change to LRS would also cause a regrade to the BB that was updated on the 13th. I was also unaware that the LRS whilst ordered and paid on the 14th would in fact renew for the 25th Nov as in the old version. I think that's a slight change to doing it on the phone in previous years. 

So I'm sorted for another year in LRS and 2 years in BB. No gains on download speeds but 2M gain so far in upload speeds which will help slightly if I am trying to access my NAT disk from anywhere in the world!.

0 Ratings