Thanks, RobbieMac.

It's useful to know the data count.

0 Ratings
barnpiece
Expert
Message 22 of 75

Re: Unable to see broadband usage if on unlimited

Go to solution

For months I only got the message that  it was not working for a small number of customers,

and when I asked about it I was told I didn't need it as I was on unlimited anyway.

Now I have the message that says I am on unlimited and don't need to know.

However, I also would like to know how much I am using!!

Richard

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 75

Go to solution

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the posts. 

BT have indeed made the decision to remove the usage monitor for all our unlimited broadband customers.  BT have made this decision because we believe this is not something that the majority of our unlimited broadband customers need or in fact use.  We are sorry that this will come as a disappointment to some of our customers.

In relation to the concerns raised about using the usage monitor to decide whether you are on the right package, and to base your future buying decision on how much you are actually downloading, our advisors can help you by carrying out a thorough needs analysis based on your usage trends and factors that determine usage (e.g. the number of people in the household, use of devices and the kinds of things you're doing and how long for).  A call to our sales team will help you make the right decision. 

I am sorry if this was not the answer you were hoping for but the usage monitor is no longer available to customers on our unlimited broadband package.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 24 of 75

Go to solution

@RobbieMac wrote:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the posts. 

BT have indeed made the decision to remove the usage monitor for all our unlimited broadband customers.  BT have made this decision because we believe this is not something that the majority of our unlimited broadband customers need or in fact use.  We are sorry that this will come as a disappointment to some of our customers.

In relation to the concerns raised about using the usage monitor to decide whether you are on the right package, and to base your future buying decision on how much you are actually downloading, our advisors can help you by carrying out a thorough needs analysis based on your usage trends and factors that determine usage (e.g. the number of people in the household, use of devices and the kinds of things you're doing and how long for).  A call to our sales team will help you make the right decision. 

I am sorry if this was not the answer you were hoping for but the usage monitor is no longer available to customers on our unlimited broadband package.

Cheers,

Robbie

Robbie,

Thanks for the feedback, & as you state not the outcome we desired.

Look at it this way, I am on an "unlimited" usage account, if I can't measure my usage on a regular basis I can't control.

An old saying from the quality world "Can't measure can't control"

If BT put thier prices up for the "Unlimited" deal, how would I know if I should move back to a set maximum deal?

Please don't say phone in & advisors will help you, I want to be in control myself.

Could I please ask that you again push this back up to BT Management & ask for a change of policy?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Wigglet
Contributor
Message 25 of 75

Go to solution

I thought they dropped the usage stats as they couldn't get the progs to work accurately. I'm guessing Marketing have come up with a way of placating those that no longer have this facility.

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 26 of 75

Go to solution

@Wigglet wrote:

I thought they dropped the usage stats as they couldn't get the progs to work accurately. I'm guessing Marketing have come up with a way of placating those that no longer have this facility.

1 It has not been dropped totally only for those on unlimited usage agreements

2 We know nothing about Marketing coming up with a way to placate users, do you?

0 Ratings
Wigglet
Contributor
Message 27 of 75

Go to solution

Your point...?

0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 75

Go to solution

Yes I am disappointed  with the outcome of this Robbie as maybe  others that have contributed to this thread will be.

It would be interesting to know how many unlimited users do/did check their usage but we will never find that out.

Quote from RobbieMac

'I am sorry if this was not the answer you were hoping for but the usage monitor is no longer available to customers on our unlimited broadband package.'

As this seems to be the final answer from BT I have no choice but to mark this as solved. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 29 of 75

Go to solution

I think BT are hoping that all customers will have unlimited packages so that the problems that have occurred with unusual/unauthorised usage no longer have to be dealt with or explained.

They are also avoiding any security issues with the unlikely event of routers or passwords being hacked as unlimited users will now not know about excessive usage.

It is unfortunate , especially now that nothing can be done but in this case the customer most definitely doesn't come first.

0 Ratings
casually
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 75

Go to solution

Totally agree, not everyone has a vast financial backup to just suck up to being 'squeezed' by BT.
I must admit that the business practices displayed by BT to their vast customer base is very poor.
They know they have a 'captive' customer base, and annually just tighten the screws on the customer pockets.
Pure greed from a large corporation with a vast share of the national telecoms industry.
All I want to know is if I can downgrade from an 'Unlimited Package' to something that might save me a few pounds -- but 'NO', I have no rights as a 'captive' customer to know what my current usage is... No different to a kidnap scenario.

And might almost qualify as anti-competitive legislature.
Poor BT Service as always -- the overiding opinion of every citizen in the UK not employed by BT.
Such is the BT Legacy for all time -- reliable internet, but poor customer service ... despite annually increasing charges.

... save the usual BT platitudes until I get my violin.

--- flexibility for all is my ideal ---
0 Ratings