Did you mean: 
Johnoo
Expert
Message 31 of 75

Re: Unable to see broadband usage if on unlimited

Go to solution

@Wigglet wrote:

Your point...?

Obvious, the system has not been dropped as you stated but just made unavailable to some users

Also you state that you are guessing that Marketing have "come up with a way of placating those affected".I pointed out that this is incorrect.

0 Ratings
DrewN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 75

Go to solution

Good Old BT: Yet again ,as far as BT are concerned,the customer is always WRONG.  I checked my usage almost  on a daily basis now some bean counter has decided that this is a waste of my time. So I won't be wasting my time having any more truck wih BT

0 Ratings
landie57
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 75

Go to solution

All very interesting. My own broadband useage has gone up dramatically (almost doubled) and exceeded the 40Gb limit last month. BT helpdesk could not explain why, although one unknow device was found to have access to my wi-fi, now restricted, but useage is still high. Reading other topics I am not alone regarding sudden increase in useage.

Is this a BT ploy to get people to move to the more expensive 'unlimited' package?

The existing useage monitor seems unreliable with 24 hourly updates not always happening eg same result showing for 2 days then missing a day.

I have considered upgrading but now knwoing I willloose ability to see what my useage is I am having second thoughts.

Perhaps the answer is contact OFCOM complainging that removal of the usegae monitor is unfair and could result in customers paying for a more expensive sewrvice than what they need.

Another alternative would be the BBC Watchdog programme, I am sure thye woud love to do an article about BT and the way it is treating it's customers. I am sure such an article would bring many more cases of excess useage to light. As said elsewhere, those using the forum are only a small percentage of Bts huge customer base.

0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 75

Go to solution

I'm going to add my voice to this poor decision.  I want to see my usage and make my future decisions on which package and with whom readily.

I want to know if the package I'm on is competitve, I want to see if there are abnormalities in my usage that require investigation.

BT have made this decision easy - once my contract runs out I will transfer to an ISP that let's me see my usage regardless of the package I'm on. 

old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 75

Go to solution

..  and to follow on from my earlier post and this thread - hypocritically BT still show details of the free calls I make with my unlimited weekend calls.  Aren't they worried that this might confuse me? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 36 of 75

Go to solution

Apologies for being late, but I'd like to add my dissent even though it's no longer an issue personally.

I ditched BTTV before the start of the new football season in favour of streaming Sky Go from the internet with a scrounged Sky ID. As this was likely to push my usage above 40GB I also took the precaution of upgrading to unlimited Infinity. It was useful to confirm that the upgrade was necessary by finding that my usage in August was around 60GB, and I would have been peeved not to have been able to check it.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 37 of 75

Go to solution

When I originated this post I quoted from the T&Cs.

"Why can't I check my broadband usage any more?

We don't want our customers wasting time monitoring usage when there's no need to. Having unlimited broadband means you don't need to worry about your internet usage: you won't pay any usage charges no matter how much you use."

I noticed today, that this has been replaced by

1. Do I need to monitor my usage?
  2. The broadband usage monitor is for customers to track usage and show how much of their allowance is left each day. As you have unlimited broadband, you don't need to monitor your internet usage at all.
  3. Why can't I check my broadband usage any more?

Having unlimited broadband means you don't need to worry about your internet usage: you won't pay any usage charges no matter how much you use.

So they change the wording of the T&Cs  but still have not reinstated the monitor for us disgruntled paying customers.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 38 of 75

Go to solution

P-L, I think you mean the FAQ. There's clearly a thick head somewhere which can't be penetrated by the concept that customers monitor usage for reasons other than to avoid exceeding a limit, including to make sure they're not paying unnecessarily for the unlimited option.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 39 of 75

Go to solution
Thank You pottyperson YES that is what I meant FAQ No option available to edit my post.

Yes I think I am paying unnecessarily for the unlimited option that is my gripe that I can't check.. yes I could ring up to check but can't do with the hassle I'll think about it before next renewal.
0 Ratings
A1944
Expert
Message 40 of 75

Go to solution

@Patty-L wrote:
...... yes I could ring up to check but can't do with the hassle I'll think about it before next renewal.

And have you ever tried ringing BT on any subject and successfully got onto someone who had the faintest idea what you were talking about?

0 Ratings