Did you mean: 
1212Pete
Aspiring Contributor
Message 41 of 75

Re: Unable to see broadband usage if on unlimited

Go to solution
I did a live chat with BT.

They said I used 30 Gb in September.

I did have to ask two or three times, as they said I could look online.

I queried that, they said they can't tell me for unlimited.

I said I was told customer services can check.

they then replied "You've used 30 Gb"

So they either made that up, or they can actualy check! It sounded about right, as I used 40 Gb the previous month and my netflix usage decreased a bit!

So if you try the above, you might get an answer!
0 Ratings
MrP
Aspiring Expert
Message 42 of 75

Go to solution

I'm also on an unlimited broadband package.

Fortunately the web page that actually shows your current usage still exists on the website, it's just that all links to it appear to have been changed to return the meaningless "you don't need to know" page. Luckily I had the old page bookmarked...

https://www.bt.com/appsyouraccount/usage/viewYourBroadbandUsage.do?ackey=XXXXXXX

You need to substitute XXXXXXX in the URL with your own unique key, which you can get from the URL if you are viewing your recent bill/usage.

Unfortunately this page no longer displays your "average usage" over the past few months, just your current usage - which was actually what I was visiting the forums to try and find out about.

1212Pete
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 75

Go to solution
Excellent work! I hope they don't remove this...
0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 44 of 75

Go to solution

@MrP wrote:

I'm also on an unlimited broadband package.

Fortunately the web page that actually shows your current usage still exists on the website, it's just that all links to it appear to have been changed to return the meaningless "you don't need to know" page. Luckily I had the old page bookmarked...

https://www.bt.com/appsyouraccount/usage/viewYourBroadbandUsage.do?ackey=XXXXXXX

You need to substitute XXXXXXX in the URL with your own unique key, which you can get from the URL if you are viewing your recent bill/usage.

Unfortunately this page no longer displays your "average usage" over the past few months, just your current usage - which was actually what I was visiting the forums to try and find out about.

Well done Mr P, in finding this.

But when I try to log in get the message "site down for maintainace" Have they turned it off?

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 45 of 75

Go to solution

Just refresh the page - the same thing happened to me the first time I tried (yesterday) and it did the trick surprisingly.

I can currently access the page.

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 46 of 75

Go to solution

@conrad wrote:

Just refresh the page - the same thing happened to me the first time I tried (yesterday) and it did the trick surprisingly.

I can currently access the page.

Tried the Refresh, same situation, site down for Maintainance.

Anybody else tried it?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 47 of 75

Go to solution

Try this.

1. Sign in to MyBT and click "View your latest bill". When the bill appears, highlight the 7-digit number in the URL, right-click it and Copy.

2. Click the link in Message 42 in this thread and sign in. When the maintenance page appears, highlight XXXXXXX in the URL, right-click and Paste.

3. Click the Go arrow in your browser or hit Enter on your keyboard.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
MrP
Aspiring Expert
Message 48 of 75

Go to solution

@Johnoo wrote:

Anybody else tried it?

The BT site (parts of) do occasionally go down for maintenance and not necessarily for everyone. I don't think this is necessarily related to accessing this page - maybe just an unlucky coincidence?

I've been accessing this page fairly regularly the whole time - since I always used my bookmark. It's only relatively recently that I realised the page was no longer accessible from the usual links on the website itself.

The usage page is working OK for me as I'm writing this message.

It would certainly be a right kick in the teeth if the page was suddenly made inaccessible as soon as I'd posted the link above!

Since non-unlimited users still have direct access to this information, I assume it is the very same page that they see. (?) And I assume that it is just the link to the "usage page" that has been changed for our "benefit". (Pure speculation, but that would seem to make sense.)

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 49 of 75

Go to solution

@pottyperson wrote:

Try this.

1. Sign in to MyBT and click "View your latest bill". When the bill appears, highlight the 7-digit number in the URL, right-click it and Copy.

2. Click the link in Message 42 in this thread and sign in. When the maintenance page appears, highlight XXXXXXX in the URL, right-click and Paste.

3. Click the Go arrow in your browser or hit Enter on your keyboard.

Yes it works but what a way you have to work to get the information.

Why don't BT just see sence & give customers information?

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 50 of 75

Go to solution

@MrP wrote:

@Johnoo wrote:

Anybody else tried it?

The BT site (parts of) do occasionally go down for maintenance and not necessarily for everyone. I don't think this is necessarily related to accessing this page - maybe just an unlucky coincidence?

I've been accessing this page fairly regularly the whole time - since I always used my bookmark. It's only relatively recently that I realised the page was no longer accessible from the usual links on the website itself.

The usage page is working OK for me as I'm writing this message.

It would certainly be a right kick in the teeth if the page was suddenly made inaccessible as soon as I'd posted the link above!

Since non-unlimited users still have direct access to this information, I assume it is the very same page that they see. (?) And I assume that it is just the link to the "usage page" that has been changed for our "benefit". (Pure speculation, but that would seem to make sense.)

Mr P, Just tried it again & it now works.

Will it be withdrawn???

0 Ratings