cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liammaude
Message 61 of 75

Re: Unable to see broadband usage if on unlimited

Go to solution

This is completely unacceptable. The usage monitor link tells me I don't need to see my usage as I'm on unlimited. I certainly do want to see my usage and it's upto me to make that decision, not BT. Being as the service is so poor - less than 1 Mb - I want to know whether satelite is a viable alternative.

0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 62 of 75

Go to solution

Read message 42 and follow the instructions and see if that will help you to access the monitor.

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 63 of 75

Go to solution

@Patty-L wrote:

Read message 42 and follow the instructions and see if that will help you to access the monitor.

Patty,

Message 42 refers to the old page where you could find usage information.

This method has now been blocked by BT.

I to would like to find my usage, can BT help?

0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 64 of 75

Go to solution

@Johnoo wrote:

@Patty-L wrote:

Patty,

Message 42 refers to the old page where you could find usage information.

This method has now been blocked by BT.

I to would like to find my usage, can BT help?

Apologies for wrong information. I don't need to use it now so didn't know it had been blocked 😢

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 65 of 75

Go to solution

@liammaude wrote:

This is completely unacceptable. The usage monitor link tells me I don't need to see my usage as I'm on unlimited. I certainly do want to see my usage and it's upto me to make that decision, not BT.

You're not the only one who thinks that. This thread did point the way to a workaround but that's now been overridden by BT, indicating that they're determined to deny access to those on unlimited deals. Not sure what more can be done given that the company is obviously aware of the protests and ignoring them.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
jimwilks
Message 66 of 75

Go to solution

Any updates from BT on this unbelievable "lack of customer service"  front?   The auto link you guys previouls found (and was fine) has gone, I don't know what I'm using, I WANT to know - not because , thank you BT, I'm wasting my time, but because , dammit I want to know. 

I wonder who it is in BT that has made this remarkable decision? 

0 Ratings
debjed08
Message 67 of 75

Go to solution
Really annoyed with bt, only a bit faster than walking pace, I need to know what my usage is, as I intend to leave bt , they're broadband has been diabolical even though I live in a village , I would like to have a speed above 2 , local satellite service seems to give 30 meg unheard of around here, but the news is spreading fast .buck up bt!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 68 of 75

Go to solution
You'll not be able to get it.

Go with an unlimited package and be done with it.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 69 of 75

Go to solution

You can get it.

At each contract renewal I always ask for the previous 12 months usage per month and it is always forthcoming.

I assume the figures can be supplied mid contract as well though I agree it should be available online.

0 Ratings
Message 70 of 75

Go to solution

My apologies for dredging up this topic once more.

But I too would be interested to know the usage, I recently just implemented a variety of changes on our network to improve security (changing Wi Fi password and admin password etc) and improve network performance in general.

After all with all these devices running the knock on to performance soons becomes considerable. In our house we have the following devices connected to the Wi Fi.

2 android tablets

1 android phone

1 Apple phone

4 games consoles (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One)

1 Desktop PC

Granted not all oif these devices are running at the same time, but you can usually bet at any one time there are usually four or more devices (two phones plus a console and one tablet typically) fighting it out for that precious bandwith.

That said the final piece of the puzzle is being able to view usage, so I know exactly what my usage is and from what devices. This way I can manage things so as to always have optimal performance for my browsing especially since streaming is become much more popular these days and this hoovers up usage like mad.

So please don't handwave it away by saying "well it's unlimited away so you don't need to check the usage" or something to that effect. That is from my point of view unacceptable for the reasons listed above.

/rant done

Please BT listen to us and reinstate this feature as soon as possible.

0 Ratings