Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattpyle
Beginner
Message 11 of 17

Re: Unable to sign up for Broadband

Hi @DavidM,

Thanks for this. I've sent an email. Please do call anytime.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
mattpyle
Beginner
Message 12 of 17

Hi @DavidM, thanks for calling on Friday.

Unfortunately I'm still unable to place an order online although for a brief 1 hour period on Saturday the dsl checker showed different results and I could place an order online (albeit with incorrect finances, charging me -£6000 a month....).

I'm still convinced this is a postcode issue, as my address can be found with two different postcodes (including a UPRN) on the DSL checker. I also contacted the Royal Mail to ensure my address is correctly listed on the PAF.

@DavidM if you can call me again today, I'd greatly appreciate it. Feeling a bit lost of what to do next, and I've had other providers say they can set me up with phoneline and broadband by 20/04.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Hi @mattpyle,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I can see you've got your order placed and are due to go live on the 12th. Let me know how you get on. If there are any problems I'll be happy to lend a hand.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
mattpyle
Beginner
Message 14 of 17

Hi @DavidM,

Just an update for anybody following this.

I got an order placed after Carla from the Chairmans office assisted me. David, I really did appreciate your help but was feeling at a bit of a loss in terms of progress and what to do.

Yesterday I got home (after collecting my equipment from the Post Office), hooked everything up and TADA working! I was so happy.

Again this morning, working fine. Although I didn't receive notification of activation and even My BT said it was delayed.

Got a text and email at 17:32 today informing me I'm activated, thought it was just delayed. I got home after work and was very upset to find out my internet is no longer working. Not only that, but my phone line is dead. No dial tone whatsoever.

After 40 minutes on the phone and trying various activities, the result is I have to get an Openreach engineer out and luck would have it that tomorrow is a Bank Holiday (I'd actually planned a day of relaxing and playing online games - gone now) so they can't come until Saturday which happens to be my birthday. Looking forward to being up at 8am and possibly spending half a day waiting on my birthday for an engineer.

I can't believe it. Activated one day, gone the next.

The wait (and mobile data charges) continues.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
mattpyle
Beginner
Message 15 of 17

UPDATE: The engineer came on the morning of Saturday 15th and seems to have fixed the issue. He said it was very complex and in his words "a nightmare"; all parts of my line were incorrect. He was at my apartment, the exchange and the cabinet for over 3 hours total. When he did the speed check afterwards, it came through at over 21mbps though which is nice!

I'm happy that it seems to be working now, looking forward to it being stable and steady but the whole process from start to finish has been almost 2 months and I'm expecting a call from customer services on Tuesday to discuss it.

EDIT: Also, the reward card site is showing me as not being eligible currently, so I'm hoping that updates soon.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Hi @mattpyle

Thanks for posting back and I'm pleased that the engineer was able to sort this out for you.  Sorry you had so many problems.

I can see that my colleagues who are managing this for you have it scheduled in to call you back again tomorrow.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
mattpyle
Beginner
Message 17 of 17

Hi,

Unfortunately my problems with BT continue. My complaint was due to be addressed, unfortunately I couldn't call back to discuss it until 24 May (But the complaint was still open). I was promised a callback the next day from a manager (quote: "i'm not fobbing you off, but they have better discretion than me"), but I never received it.

Just on the phone now, to be told my complaint has been closed. So I'm going through it all again. I called 0800 800 150 originally and gave all of my details, to eventually be told to call 0800 111 4567 which was a special number. It actally just routed me to the exact same options I originally had. Had to repeat it all again.

I have been overcharged on every bill (paying double!), received poor service, disconnections, unable to receive my BT reward card, overpaid for a phoneline I didn't use, promised callbacks I never received. And now I'm having to repeat it all.

0 Ratings