cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mart292
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Unacceptable delay in broadband after moving home

So, I moved from one flat to another within the same building and so far I am now 21 days without broadband with no confidence this is going to get resolved soon.If they had just physically moved the cable it would have involved a move down an outside wall of about 8 feet.

Timeline is as follows 

Placed the order with BT in November 

Feb 2nd move out date BT were booked for this date, no-one turned up or called me appointment was rebooked without informing me for the 6th Feb.Only found this out when I called BT asking where the engineer was on the 2nd as they never showed up.

6th Feb Took a day off work , no engineer turned up , despite me waiting in all day , BT claimed I wasn't in and missed the appointment.BT didn't call and if the engineer did turn up he didn't call me or do the basics like ring the doorbell.

Escalated the issue and was told that in fact the engineer didn't turn up to my address, was given an expedited date for the 12th Feb

12th Feb Another day off work , another no show from BT , called the connections line was told the engineer was too busy to come on the 12th despite it being confirmed by text and phone call over the weekend prior to the 12th.Was told by BT that an engineer would arrive on the 13th

13th Feb another day off work, engineer actually turns up and installs the phone line, engineer informs me that none of the broadband work has been done so I should call BT.Did this and was told that my broadband would be live by the 15th Feb

15th Feb no broadband , feel like the home hub is mocking me by refusing to turn blue and stays flashing red.Called BT was told there was a problem with the order and a bridge case needed to be raised , this would be resolved and should expect my service by 23rd feb (3 weeks late now).Was told I would get an update by phone on the 21st between 2pm and 4pm

21st , no phone call so called BT yet again , was told they have resolved the original bridge case but there is another issue now which needs another bridge case to be raised , was told this would be cleared by 23rd Feb and BT would call me

23rd Feb no phone call yet , doubtful I will get one as time is ticking by

So  far I have taken 3 days off work and spent hours of time on the phone to BT for a seemingly simple move, which is in terms of physical distance would require a move of about 8 feet and have now been 3 weeks without broadband.I do have an absolutley useless phone line installed (wouldn't have a phone line if it wasn't required for the broadband)

To say I am disappointed and annoyed by BT is an understatement

Jus posting this here in case a moderator can assist in some way to get this issue expedited, i work from home a lot and this failure on BT's part is causing me huge inconvenience.

Cheers

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unacceptable delay in broadband after moving home

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
mart292
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thank you Keith

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 4 of 5

Hi @mart292,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience so far. I'd like to offer you our help. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. We'll get back in touch with you as soon as you reach the top of our queue.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
mart292
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

So to update this thread further , I was called on Saturday 24th by Robby at BT Forums, he explained that the  second bridge case was resolved and he would escalate this on Monday and call me back with a date when my broadband would go live.

26th came and went no phone call from Robby , so I called BT again and they told me my broadband would go live on the 27th February, which to my surprise it actually did.

Then received a call on 1st March from Robby at BT Forums explaining that my order had been delayed again (even though I have had broadband since the 27th) and he would call me back on the 6th March with an update.Needless to say no phone call again.

I called BT on 5th March to let them know that my broadband was working , which was a surprise to the chap I spoke to , he said he would close the order off so I could get BT on Sky and they would call me back within 24 hours to discuss compensation and a billing query I have.

Still waiting for that call , order still shows open. I have to say from beginning to end this has been an absolute shambles from BT.The customer support has been very poor , there has been nobody at BT willing to accept ownership of this issue  and actually deal with the problem and keep me updated. If I hadn't have done all the chasing up I did , I think I would still be without broadband.

0 Ratings