cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Unauthorised Line Cease by BT Openreach

The account holder is 80 years old and has had no phone line so it is important that this gets resolved quickly.

My grandmother had an account with Plusnet before switching to TalkTalk in May, however, when a BT Openreach engineer visited the property on the 22nd September, a unathorised line cease (request to port the number) was placed on the account and the account with Talk Talk was terminated.

I have no way of directly getting in touch with BT Openreach, and I do not know how the current issue can be resolved. I would strongly want to retain the number as my grandmother has had it for 40 years.

TalkTalk are saying that there is nothing they can do as a request has been made, so I need BT / BT Openreach to explain how this can be resolved. 

Thank-you.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Unauthorised Line Cease by BT Openreach

You need to contact your provider. This forum has nothing to do with Openreach. This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Nobody on this forum will be able to help you.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

My provider have refused to help, and it appears there is no alternate way to contact BT Openreach. Perhaps it would be possible for the line to be activated on BT since my Talk Talk account is now terminated.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

As I have already explained, this forum has nothing what soever to do with Openreach. BT is a separate company from Openreach albeit they are in the same business group.

You need to deal with either Talk Talk or Plusnet.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Seraph
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

try this email address I've found from another post in the BTCC forum.

hlcopenreach@openreach.co.uk

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

The provider (Talktalk?) shouldn't refuse to help and say they can do nothing. Was a contract with them active when the line was mysteriously ceased? If so then they should surely provide assistance in explaining who requested what as per their terms and conditions.

As others have said it has nothing to do with BT Consumer (a.k.a. BT Residential) as they were/are not the service provider.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 8

If the Talktalk account has been closed and the contract ended then there is probably nothing to stop a new phone contract being started with another provider (such as BT Consumer) though be careful of any line activation charge that might be applied. Providers will often pass on Openreach charges to both cease a line and also to re-activate a line. The allocated number might also change in that circumstance.

Sounds like either Openreach just made a mistake, or some provider sent them a request to cease the line?
0 Ratings