Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mickeyp4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Unbelievable incompetence

Go to solution

I placed an order for a line and affinity broadband on 22 November and was given an installation date of 13 december

I was told an engineer would call between 1-6pm.No body called and I have no line or broadband

At 6pm I called your 0800....150 number and was told that no engineers visit was booked,and they would get someone out the next day.No one came but I did get a text message saying that someone would be there on 15 december

During my call to your 150 number I explained that I had had a bt line some years ago and he confirmed that his records showed that and that it was a ug feed

On Friday your engineer called and tested the line from the house and the fault was probably in the foot box outside my house

Unfortunately the engineer was not trained in ug work so would have to refer it back to her control

Why if my records show that I have a ug feed do they send me an engineer who cannot do the job?

On top of this I get a text telling me first bill is ready

Unbelievable

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Unbelievable incompetence

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @Mickeyp4,

Welcome to the community forum. I'm sorry you've been left without a working service. If you send me in your details, I'll be able to take a look at what is happening with the fault on your line.

You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Mickeyp4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution
Hi I don't know what is worse having no service or the daily calls from india telling me the obvious my line is not working After the engineers visit on Friday I was called and told that they would get somebody out to me on monday,when I requested somebody sooner I was told that your engineers do not work weekends I knew she was lying and guess what,It is 9am Sunday morning and not 300 yards from my house is an open reach van with engineer working at the cabinet Last night I got a call saying that they would get somebody out to me on Tuesday now not Monday They keep referring to my problem as a fault on my line,which implies that I have had service at some stage I have had no service and as far as I am concerned the line was never installed Yet now they have sent me a bill
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

@Mickeyp4

If you have not done already, please contact @PaddyB and let him look at it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @Mickeyp4,

Thanks for sending over the details. I tried calling this morning, sorry I missed you. I've sent you a text message so drop me a reply with a suitable time to call and I'll be happy to do so.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
wb7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

I appreciate it might be irritating to see Openreach techies poking around in cabinets at the weekend after you've been told that they don't work weekends - but being fair, if there *are* Openreach techies milling about at the weekends, then, chances are, they're on call-out for emergency testing and repairs because of some incident that has affected multiple customers - for example, lines being damaged by roadworks, or by trees in the wind, or that sort of thing. But planned installations of new services, for which there isn't a pre-existing service to get interrupted, are *very unlikely* to be carried out at the weekend.

You could argue that the customer service rep should have explained this - but that would just slow down the customer service calls. All that really matters here is that planned new service installations aren't normally done at weekends. This isn't peculiar to Openreach; I think you'll find the same thing is true of other utility companies.

But on the plus side - the fact that the guys in India are talking about it as a "fault on your line", like you suggest, implies that they think the service *has* previously been working - and that something has subsequently gone wrong to *stop* it working. If you keep telling them that it's a new line that has never yet been installed, then they will see it as a new service installation, that can only be done during the week - but if you play along with their belief that the line has previously been working, then they're more likely to see it as a loss of service that requires an emergency repair, meaning they're more likely to send someone at the weekend.

Granted, it means you'd have to accept that they were right to send you a bill for the service - but on the flip side, it means you stand to gain significantly more than that in loss-of-service compensation. Obviously you can't have loss-of-service compensation for a service that you never actually had in the first place.

Point is, in short, by conceding that you never actually had the service in the first place, you are putting BT in a stronger position to be able to fob you off about fixing it, than you would be if you say the service worked temporarily before subsequently failing.

So, bearing that in mind, are you absolutely *sure* that this is a service you've never had, as opposed to a service that was successfully installed but which then went wrong afterwards?

0 Ratings
Mickeyp4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Hi

An engineer called Sunday about 11am and fixed every thing

only took about an hour and line and broadband were up and running

The engineer Aidan could not have been more helpful and professional,a credit to BT

Thanks all for your help

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

That is good news.

Its Openreach that visit on behalf of BT Retail.

You can provide good feedback on this form, its always appreciated by them.

https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0a0e0c

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Mickeyp4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks. Keith

I was searching for a way to let his company know what a great job he did

Mick

0 Ratings