Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mutleym
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 26

Unbelievably poor service for new customers

Hi

We ordered BT on 15th August and was told because new line had to be installed the appointment would be few weeks in advance. This was booked for 5th September.

Log into my account and check date on Friday 2nd September and all still the same, with on chat and had someone on there confirm the appointment also.

Then this morning I log in to find the date has been returned arranged for me to 26th September with no explanation.

Contact CS to be told it's Open reach and theyou have found problem with cabling outside my house (impressive since no one has been outside my house from openreach in last few weeks at least).

And that they can't do anything first me, I asked for dongle to cover me in mean time (got told to go use local hot spot, but explained carrying to full tower pcs and monitors maybe difficult).

Again was told nothing they can do and that just had to wait, now I still won't have Internet for another 3 weeks (at least) and have to some how explain to new employer that I will need more time off (delayed job starting to Tuesday for this to be installed).

How can a company continue to get away with this? Wasn't Openreach ordered to deal with new lines within 12 days or something of ordering?

Does anyone know of any other service that I can switch too instead?

Thanks
0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 26

Re: Unbelievably poor service for new customers

Openreach supply all service providers apart from Virgin Media.

Is this a new bulid house, or an old property that has never had a phone line?

0 Ratings
Mutleym
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 26

Its a new New build house.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 26

You should question why the developer didn't have the cabling installed before completion. It's as much their issue as it is Openreach's.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Mutleym
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 26

The cabling is in already and has boxes upto the house and blank faceplate within the house.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 26

You need to escalate with customer service to either get an answer as to why the appointment has been pushed back, or, to find out if they can reschedule.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Mutleym
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 26

I have tried and got no where. Been told the appointment was pushed back due to openreach finding fault with the line outside my house (as I said I don't know how they can know this since they haven't been outside our house).

They said the can only reschedule to the date they already given, in 3 more weeks time. The CS advisor was rude and unable to help, that is why I asked for dongle in mean time. And now I don't know when or if I can get time off work for anot her visit that may or may not happen.
0 Ratings
Mutleym
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 26

Is there a BT CS number I can call from mobile and not be charged the earth for?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 26

Two options, but you are unlikely to be able to change the appiontment, as BT Retail have no control over the date that Openrech specify.

Try the  Order Live Chat Team

Call us

Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm
Saturday 9am to 6pm
Sunday Closed
Please have your account number ready (it’s on your bill).

• From a landline: 0800 800 150
  • From abroad: +44 179 359 6931*

0 Ratings
Mutleym
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 26

Thank you. Chat is the people that say they can help then stop responding. And that 0800 number will cost me too much from mobile (no landlines yet for obvious reasons).
0 Ratings