Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor

Unexpected Cancellation Bill

[ Edited ]

I have recently received a Formal Demand from Past Due Credit Solutions which seems to be a Cancellation Fee.

This is how it all panned out, back in 2009 around November myself and my partner had to leave our (then) current home, it was simply uninhabitable, we contacted BT and spoke to them to arrange Cancellation, they agreed to Waiver the Cancellation Fee as it wasn't our choice to leave the home.

We then moved back in with my Parents for a few months, we have been in our current home for around a year or so now, and as mentioned i have just recieved a Formal Demand for the Cancellation Fee, unfortunately i didn't get anything in writing with regards to the Agreement of Wavering the Cancellation Fee, we paid our last months bill on the BT Broadband/Phone Package and went on our not so merry way.

Like i said this was around November 2009, is there anything i can do about this, there is simply no way i can come up with the Funds by the mentioned date, Letter was received on 09/08 and the amount is due 11/08, bear in mind pay day has been and gone.

The odds are no one will have replied by the time i have contacted BT later this afternoon, but any thoughts on this one?

Aspiring Contributor

Re: Unexpected Cancellation Bill

[ Edited ]

Well as expected no reply from you guys :smileysad:

Well i have just had a lenghty phone call to BT, who were somewhat helpful but still not quite on the money.

After going over the situation, they are adamant we Owe them money for December 2009/January 2010, though we have proof we weren't in the house at this time, they have logs of me calling November 2009, but they have unfortunately "lost" the recordings and the supervisors i spoke to at the time no longer are with BT.

He also mentioned he can see that there was no Line usage after i made the phone call on November, but yet we are expected to pay December 2009/January 2010. Now i wonder why there was no line usage? Oh because as far as we were concerned, we were paid up to date, and we were out of the house.

Looks like BT didn't put the cancellation through correctly, and expect me to pay for their mistake. Unfortunately i have no Refernce number for the call on November 2009, two years and two house moves this kind of information is lost.

Oh well hoping someone can shed some light on our stance here, are we to pay this somewhat rediculous amount for BT's mistake, oh but i did manage to get the Charge that Past Due Credit Solutions have added on ,removed, but because they have "lost" "misplaced" "never had" the records or relevant information in their system they don't want to budge on removing the Cancellation fee or charges for dates we weren't in the house.

Regards

Expert

Hello,

I would advise on making a complaint to BT- people in the call centre dont have the means to be able to waive the outstanding balance.

BT Correspondence Centre
Providence Row
Durham
DH98 1BT

''Please include your phone number, email address and account number. We'll try to reply within 10 days. (If you email us we can normally respond within two working days.)''

The forum mods may be able to help you, send them an email:-

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

In the mean time write a letter to Past Due Credit Solutions stating that the bill is in dispute with BT and not to contact you again, if you decide you want to pay the outstanding balance then pay it to BT so you dont have to pay the PDCS's administration costs.

Hope this helps :smileywink:

Distinguished Sage

Hi
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators who you have been given a link to they may be able to give assistance
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Contributor

[ Edited ]

I understand this is customer to customer help, i was just hoping someone may have been in a similar situation.

Then maybe they could have informed me of their outcome.

Aspiring Contributor

Well i had no Phone call from a manager today as promised by the telephone correspondant, so i went into live chat to see if they could help me somewhat.

They have agreed to waive the Cancellation Charge but still expect me to pay the bills for the oustanding balance AFTER i informed them i was leaving, so December 2009 - February 2010, and a late fee, although they have failed to contact me within these past 2 years, and i left a forwarding address when i cancelled in November 2009, yet they appear to have been sending all documents to the previous address.

I am now to wait 10 days so BT can get back the "bill" from Past Due Credit Solutions, well heres hoping they can sort this issue.

I will look into writing to the address mentioned in a previous reply once the outcome of these 10 days is clear.

Thanks anyway.

Aspiring Contributor

Hi,

Similar problem with me (hope it's the right way to post it here). Received a letter from past due credit solutions on the evening 15th August (dated 11th August) with a FORMAL DEMAND for £117, creditor: BT Group plc, Product: BT Product. Payment due 18th August. This is the first letter i've received from this company and the first time i've even thought of BT since moving out of my student accommodation  two years ago! (i was head of house for the two years we spent at the property).

I rang BT the same night i received the letter and asked them to check my account (i only had account no. for my phone account, not broadband) and explained about the abrupt letter. I was assured my phone account was poperly cancelled when i left the property (i have a dated copy of my final bill to prove this). I was then 'forwarded' onto billing department where I languished on hold for 20mins until I hung up. I rang again, got through to a different operator and I asked him to check my broadband account (which he did by tracking phone no. for the property as I didnt have the reference no. for this separate account). He informed me I had an oustanding balance of £96 on this account! I asked why it had taken two years to inform me of this and to what exactly did this balance refer to? (the credit soulutions letter made no refernce to the specifics). Hadn't I properly cancelled broadband same as the phone on leaving the property? He puts me throuhgh to another department where, after another 20 Debussy-filled minutes on hold, I habg up.

I rang again today to try to clarify the fees (I have not contacted PDCS as of yet) and the operator could not fiind my broadband account details to deal with the request. I gave the Client Ref no. on the PDCS letter and was informed that this was only taking her back to the phone account page, not the broadband. I queiried this saying that last night I was given details very easily about this account and the operator hung up saying she couldn't help me!

I'm forwarding this to the MODS for further assistance. I have, curiously, noticed across several forums, the same problems with the same credit company and BT, British Gas variously. all with this same problem. Coincendence?

Lee 

Aspiring Contributor

Hey MODS,

Would really appreciate a reply to this before I go on holiday next week.

Thanks,

Lee

Expert

Hi there Lee, did you use the contact form for the Mods

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

If not you may not get a reply until you do.
Pat
Aspiring Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did do it and I've now filled out another form. Here's the reference no. i got for the second form 110819-******