cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esther2707
Message 1 of 5

Unfair engineer call out charge

I was wondering if anyone has been through this before. We moved house recently and we decided to move our old line to our new address ( worst mistake) . Fast forward to the day that our phone line and broadband was suppose to go live, we had no connection. Phoned up the helpline team and was talked through different options to help with connection but nothing worked . I was later transferred do a team who booked for an engineer to visit ( at no time was I told that there is a charge for this as I will have no penalty if I walked away so I could have easily walked away if I was told of any charge ) fast forward , the engineer came, tried the main hub and couldn't get it to work, but got one of the other one to work after a few trials and he left. To my suprise bt has charged me 129.99 for engineer call out. My question is for what. Even up till now we still have moment that we loose internet connection for hours in a day. At no point was I told of this charge prior to the engineer visit. I will fight this charge with all I have. I am writing to the CEO and also will report to OFCOM. This is so unfair. Has anyone had similar experience please
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unfair engineer call out charge

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

Meanwhile I would suggest that you hold off at this time from complaining to the CEO's office because if they become involved the moderators will not be able to offer assistance.

Message 3 of 5

Hi @Esther2707,

I'm sorry you were charged a call out fee after setting up service at your new address. I'm more than happy to help you with your complaint. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Esther2707 sorry I missed you when I called there.

I see one of my colleagues got in touch about the charge. Please can you get back to my text message, and if there's anything else you need help with I'll take it from there.

Thanks

Community ModeratorStephanie
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Esther2707 thanks for taking my call this evening, good to hear that everything has been sorted. Please post back if there's anything else we can help with.

Thanks

Community ModeratorStephanie
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings