Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 24

Re: Unfair engineers charge applied

Go to solution

You just need to complete the form at the 'Contact the mods link' found by clicking on Robbies profile.

Message 12 of 24

Go to solution
That is shocking!

The Engineer should’ve replaced that Drop Wire 6, not just cut away the corroded part and re-Joint it!

Don’t know if it’s the Engineer being lazy or just under pressure from his prod chasing Manager but on a scale of 1 to 10 for Quality, 1 being the lowest possible score and 10 exceeding all expectations I would rate that job as -98.8

It would’ve been -100 but at least he’s sealed the joint in an Above Ground Dropwire Closure (black box) and not put it back in the BT16 (square brown box). Although something tells me he didn’t reuse that as there wasn’t enough slack on the cable to do so.
olibruce11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution

Ha, at least I've got value for my £129.99 😡

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

Go to solution
My advice;

1. Get your money then some.

2. Ask for the job to be done properly.

Infuriates me when people don’t do the job properly as it gives everyone a bad name!
olibruce11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 24

Go to solution

Can anyone advise how long it usually takes to hear back from the mods? I got the automated email on Sunday saying 48 hours, but not heard anything yet and it's over double that time? Thanks for everyone who has commented and helped so far

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

Go to solution
Normally 5 working days although sometimes it may be up to 28 days.
Recognised Expert Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @olibruce11

Just to let you know once the form goes back it is placed in a list, once your at the top a moderator will take over the case.. it can take a few days but don't worry they will get back to you.

Message 18 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @olibruce11 I replied to you vie email on the 10th you must not have received it so I have resent the email. Just in case I can confirm that your complaint is already with the correct team for engineering charges disputes and they will continue to deal. I can see that they tried to get on touch with you yesterday and sent a text with their direct number. 

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
olibruce11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution

Hi John,

Just received your email now, thanks, but i was reaching out to you as the people dealing with the complaint have refused to look at the pictures i have supplied, and as such i am getting nowhere. They have no interest in trying to resolve, and are simply reiterating the stance already taken. 

I was really hopeful that you would be able to resolve this due to the positive comments i have received on this thread.

Please could you reconsider, or at the very least offer the complaints team some advice based on the forum comments?

Many thanks

Oliver

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @olibruce11 Thanks for posting back. I've already updated you complaint with this thread link and asked them to review this. I'm sorry but I can't take over the complaint as this team is the only team who are able to deal with these disputes and refund the charge if raised in error so I have had to leave it with them. 

Get in touch with them and hopefully they will be able to resolve this for you. Keep the thread updated on your progress. 

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You