Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kyo7598
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Unknown account number for broadband till this day since 2003

Go to solution

Hey all.

This has been a headache trying to sort out what is my account number since hooking up the broadband in 2003.

Had a Live Chat a few times and phone calls to no avail. I assume its due to the migration of BT Yahoo to the current service?

Just now with a Live Chat took me no where yet again, current bill has an account number only reflecting the phone bill and line rental (in my grans name), but does not include broadband package.

However, the broadband package that is paid since 2003 is still running by direct debit, no formal bill ever appeared, money still get taken out and broadband still up and running, but no idea what package it is. £37.08 I can say since last direct debit it took out paid to BT Group PLC.

The Live Chat gave an insight that the current landline only has the rental and basic phone package, hence the formal bill that arrives in post, that is all correct.

However, the broadband that was signed under the email address upon creation in 2003 has nothing assigned to it, other than "BT Mail inclusive" and an account number that really just says "Account 1".

Through BT Mail it does say that latest bill is available online, but no account number of any sort to link to it, except money is still taken out from my account but no services could be traced back to the account. Even on Live Chat I was told there is no services on it else it would have been reflected by a bill, then promptly he ended the chat.

My question is:

1. What is my account number if there is one at all since I signed up in 2003? Or is there no hope?

2. What could be done or could it be traced back with my order ref number and billing account number that the direct debit is taken to see what is happening?

3. If all is lost, would cancelling the direct debit mess up with my current connection and lose the BT Mail inclusive that allows up to 11 emails to be created before the new package activates when purchased?

I do find it strange though that the broadband connection can still be checked and reset for issues with the landline number yet there is no broadband package that can be seen on the billing...

Appreciate any light to be shedded on this matter.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unknown account number for broadband till this day since 2003

Go to solution
I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post there contact link here
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Kyo7598,

Welcome to the community forum and thank you for posting. With what you have said it sound like you are on the old BT Yahoo Broadband service. Which was a separate account from the telephone service.

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Kyo7598
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you john46 and I have sent a contact to you PaddyB through the "Contact The Mods" link in your profile.
0 Ratings
Kyo7598
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

No news yet or letter I'm afraid. I've sent a reply back to you from the email.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Kyo7598,

Neil won't be back until early in the week. We'll get this picked up for you and send the letter to the address manually. With the Bank Holiday on Monday it'll take a bit longer than normal to receive.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Kyo7598
Aspiring Contributor