cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anotherone
Message 1 of 7

Unlimted Anytime telephone package rates for mobile calls

Hello,
We have Unlimited Anytime telephone calling plan coupled with BT Infinity Option 2 broadband.
My expectation from this is that we should be charged 6p per minute plus a connection charge of 15.97 p per call.
The charges that we are getting are generally about 12p per minute plus the connection charge. This goes back as far as I can see the bills, unfortunately February was the first time that I had scrutinised the detail.
I telephoned the help line in India in February, and the person was very helpful, agreed that the charging was wrong, said that he would correct it (including previousl bills) and that someone would call me back within a couple of weeks to let me know the outcome.
I didn't receive the call, and the latest bill has shown no change.
This time I decided to use the on-line chat to ensure that I had written confirmation of the conversation. The person this time initially agreed that the charges were wrong, and then changed his mind and said that they were correct, and that Unlimited Anytime didn't use the Unlimited Anytime rates because it was combined with the broadband package.
Can someone please explain the logic of this to me ?
What rates should I be expecting.
I think that I have been overcharged to the tune of £70 over the last 15 months, and presumably for several years previously since I moved to this package.
What is the best way to resolve this, and who can I write to in the UK ?
Thanks!
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unlimted Anytime telephone package rates for mobile calls

0 Ratings
anotherone
Message 3 of 7

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but no, it doesn't help. Thanks anyway!
I have read everything I can find on the website, I've been through the 57 (I think) page tariffs document, and I have spent over 1/2 hour on the phone to the help desk, followed by a further 55 minutes on live chat.
I still don't understand why I am being charged the rates I am.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

You wanted an address to write to in the UK that link shows it
ernie_c
Expert
Message 5 of 7

This may help.

There are two Unlimited Anytime plans, call the Unlimited Anytime Plan and the Unlimited Anytime Calls.

The former is the original plan with full price mobile calls and the latter has mobile calls with a 50% discount.
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

e_c is right. The Unlimited Anytime Plan is no longer available for sale. BT don't automatically switch customers to restructured products, irrespective of whether the terms have or not; maybe Ofcom will get round to requiring providers to notify customers if more advantageous deals are available, as they are in the energy market. Meanwhile, you are likely to be able to move to Unlimited Anytime Calls but it will almost certainly require a fresh minimum-period contract. Call the Options Team 0800 800 030 to see what they can offer; be prepared to haggle.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
anotherone
Message 7 of 7

Thanks to all - I can see where we stand now, just have to work out whether we should be changing package, and comit to another term of BT.
It isn't helpful that the packages are named almost identically with such different Ts & Cs. No wonder people get confused / misled.
So if we change from unlimited anytime plan to unlimited anytime calls , we will have to sign up for a new plan.
Alternatively, as our main use of calls to mobiles is to student offpring, we could get them to use the BT SMart Talk App, and them call use. I presume that there are no hidden charges here, so long as they don't exceed their data limits. ?
0 Ratings