cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Unpaid bill which I don't recognise

Go to solution

Experian is reporting an unpaid bill from BT against my name, which I found out by checking my credit report.

BT has never sent any communication via email or post about this defaulted account.

I don't have any BT account, and never had any contract with BT, business or residential, this is total surprise for me.

I've contacted BT customer service and they couldn't find any by my name or address.

I've raised a dispute with Experian, and they came back and said BT did confirm the default and asked me to settle this account by paying off the bill by giving the BT bank account and sort code and a partially visible account number which apparently is in my name, and Experian refused to give me any further details of the account number and I was asked to go back to BT to get further information about this default.

I have tried calling different BT departments over the phone and BT customer care couldn't trace anything against my name or my address. I never lived in any other address in the last 10 years other than the one I'm currently on, and BT couldn't trace any against my current address.  BT customer care is asking me to go back to Experian.

So I'm literally stuck don't know where to go from here. I would really appreciate any help from the community as this is really frustrating and wants to sort this out asap as this is having a very negative impact on my credit file.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unpaid bill which I don't recognise

Go to solution

Out of desperation I've chased up Experian again and after a lot of talking they have given me a reference number called DQC number and said this is their communication reference with BT and as soon as I pass this onto BT  I'll get all the information I need. 

But BT were again unable to help me and says this is not something customer service can help with.  Does anyone here know anything about this reference number and which department in BT can help me using this reference no? any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @zenz

Welcome to the BT Community and thanks for your post.

I am sorry for the confusion about the unpaid bill showing on your credit report.  I understand that you have said that you haven't had any sort of relationship with us in the past.  As you've been trying to speak with my colleagues to get this resolved and you're no further forward; we can pick up from here.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks, Robbie for sorting this matter, I really appreciate it.
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@zenz wrote:
Thanks, Robbie for sorting this matter, I really appreciate it.

You're welcome @zenz 

I'm glad I could help you get this sorted.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings