cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aholm1
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Unresolved final payment charge

I have used BT services in my own home for 10 years and always would have recommended them UNTIL June. Since moving home we had poor phone line quality and equally poor broadband speed. Despite phoning regularly about these faults since August and needing 5 engineers to "attempt fixing the faults", we still had a v poor line quality for phonecalls and poor speed of 0.3mb. Even to get that far was a push since the engineers cpuldn't agree if there was a problem or not ie 1st said the fault was fixed and caused by lightning since that was all he could talk about during the visit. The next 2days we had a v helpful engineer who fixed cables on a tree ie. The original fault hadn't been fixed!! Another 2 engineers later and there was no improvement in speed of internet and line quality was still not fixed fully.

We no longer wanted to pay for a service that wasn't functioning fully as it should and therefore moved to another provider in Sept. Since then we have been disputing the charge of £223.16 since we did not receive a fully functioning service. On 2 occasions we were told verbally on the phone the charges were no longer needing paid. Mid Sept was the last time when the investigation was escalated and on 21 Sept (our deadline for paying) received a call apologising for faults that hadn't been fixed and that we did not need to pay the charge. I was then given step by step instructions of what needed to be done by my bank if indeed money had incorrectly been taken.

On 13 Oct we then received an email demanding payment otherwise our details would be passed to debt collectors. Imagine our shock given the last conversation 3 weeks previously!!!! Since then we have been proactively trying to resolve before going to an ombudsman about our case since we were told something twice we did not receive ie cancellation of charges on our account.

Having spent many more hours on the phone and BT missing their own deadlines of when soneone is meant to call I am getting frustrated. Surely a reputable company needs to stand over their word on what has been agreed or to politely return a call when they have promised to do so? Yesterday it was to be resolved and again by 11am today. Again no resolution has been reached as have received no calls yet today. BT, are you there???? Record of the conversation on 21 Sept from rep in Aberdeen office when told no payment was needed is now no longer on BT database of lists of contacts according to who I spoke to an hr ago. Come on BT-please fix this problem and stop promising things and not delivering. Let's hope this disgruntled customer does not need to become more frustrated with empty promises!!!!
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unresolved final payment charge

Hi @Aholm1,

Welcome to the community forum. I'll be honest your post does make good reading, I'm really sorry that thing have go so badly wrong following your home moved. I would like an opportunity to help put things right. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Aholm1
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi Paddy thanks. YIf you can resolve this would be much appreciated rather than having to take forward a case to the ombudsman.I have still received no phonecall within 2 hours as promised by one of your colleagues-yet another broken promise... What details do you require?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Aholm1,

If you click on my username, you'll see the "Contact The Mods" link in the "About Me" section of my profile. Once you fill that in, your details will be sent into our email queue and we'll do our best to get things sorted for you.

If you're on a mobile device you'll need to switch to the full version of the site.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Aholm1
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Done. Thanks. This was to be resolved by 11am and again by 2.30pm today so a favourable outcome for us to resolve this soon would be appreciated.
0 Ratings