Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Upgrade advice?

Go to solution

Not having an issue but not sure which part of the Care forums is the best place to post this.

I've an offer of upgrading from the 52Mpbs Infinity 1 (I usually hit the 48-50 mark) to Infinity 2 (and the faster speeds). I have to write the adsl checker results out as I can't seem to copy and paste it. I'm wondering what the results mean re any significant changes I might (or not) notice were I to accept the upgrade offer.

VDSL Range A clean

Downstream HIGH 67 LOW 49.2

Upstream HIGH 20 LOW 14.5

Range B impacted

Downstream HIGH 50.5 LOW 27.4

Upstream HIGH 16.8 LOW 7.6

This line is on a Market B exchange

Under the ‘left in jumper’ heading there are only two dashes, doesn’t say Yes or No.

Any thoughts appreciated guys. Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Upgrade advice?

Go to solution

If you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then troubleshooting then helpdesk and post lines 1-12

Or post the information from the smart hub, using this link.

http://192.168.1.254/0000012803/gui/#/technicalLog/information

That will show the maximum available rate and noise margin, and give a clue as to whether its worth upgrading, as it only a software speed cap.

Based on the availability checker, I would say that its not going to be worth it, unless you are after a faster upload speed.

Your line may not be capable of a higher speed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the insight @Keith_Beddoe

I don't use a BT Hub. My Hub 5 was useless from the day I got it, rebooting daily for months with no assistance from BT to rectify, changed to a 3rd party router and have had an almost faultless service since making the change.

I had a feeling that the upgrade would most likely not be worth any small gain anyway, hence my reason for posting. Many thanks for replying.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

The maximum for Infinity 1 is 52Mbps and you are not achieving that with your present package so you would be wasting your money "upgrading" to Infinity 2.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@robert1997 wrote:

I had a feeling that the upgrade would most likely not be worth any small gain anyway, hence my reason for posting. Many thanks for replying.

And sometime they get it wrong, and you end up back on ADSL, and lose your slot in the fibre cabinet to another customer Smiley Sad

It does happen so be warned.

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you very much @gg30340 and @Keith_Beddoe

Think I'm best to stick with what I have. Very happy with current setup so don't wish to mess it up.

I appreciate your advice and guidance very much guys.

0 Ratings