cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Upgrade chaos

Has anyone else had major chaos,confusion,frustration in dealing with bt/ee in misinformation when wrongly upgraded,cancelling same,ignored/cancelled complaints,varying opinions on how/why this can,or,cannot be done.

also how when trying to cancel a direct debit that was a “computer error” takes an hour,spent talking to,being passed onto 3 different operatives,explaining the whole problem repeatedly,and now have to wait on a phone call back(again which they tend not to do) to find out what is going on.

operators are always polite etc,but the actual processing system is absolute and utter chaos.have used bt for years with no problems,but I now dearly wish that I would not have attempted to upgrade my broadband.who would have thought they would make this a frustratingly depressing process,taking a month so far to try to rectify and seemingly geared to prevent any sort of resolution.

hard to believe that anyone would want to stay or join this brand anymore.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Upgrade chaos

@Leese7550wrote:

Has anyone else had major chaos,confusion,frustration in dealing with bt/ee in misinformation when wrongly upgraded,cancelling same,ignored/cancelled complaints,varying opinions on how/why this can,or,cannot be done.

also how when trying to cancel a direct debit that was a “computer error” takes an hour,spent talking to,being passed onto 3 different operatives,explaining the whole problem repeatedly,and now have to wait on a phone call back(again which they tend not to do) to find out what is going on.

operators are always polite etc,but the actual processing system is absolute and utter chaos.have used bt for years with no problems,but I now dearly wish that I would not have attempted to upgrade my broadband.who would have thought they would make this a frustratingly depressing process,taking a month so far to try to rectify and seemingly geared to prevent any sort of resolution.

Standard operating behaviour currently, they were an absolute mess process and systems wise before they decided to move everyone to EE, now it is even worse, especially if you are with BT and trying to self serve. Nothing works.

Add to that the representatives on the phone and in the stores appear to be only interested in what they can sell you or at best, don't actually understand how their products and services work, so will tell you whatever makes the sale.

@Leese7550wrote:

hard to believe that anyone would want to stay or join this brand anymore.

100%

Plenty of choice out there, all using the same Openreach infrastructure, run while you can, sadly I have another 8 months of this.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 3 of 3

Re: Upgrade chaos

Re last post.they did actually phone back,I’m assured that the EE direct debit action by “mistake” is cancelled,however I will not be happy till I receive my next bill as I do not trust BT/EE to do what they claim to have done.

still haven’t been contacted by anyone ref my complaint which I discovered was resolved by them without contacting me.i was assured it was re-opened but that was over a week ago,I don’t hold much hope of either being contacted or original upgrade fiasco being looked at.

they give the impression of listening to you etc,but act like a company disinterested in customer service,values or being remotely professional.stay well clear of what used to be a reasonably capable organisation.not any more.