Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
havocstars
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Upgrade problems and really bad customer service

Hi all,

I have recently had our exhance upgraded to allow me to get ADSL 2+, so after lots and lots of phone calls as nobody seems to know what anyone is doing in the call center, I finally got through to someone who said I would have to upgrade my package so that when the order went though I would be plugged into the new equipment.  Great I thought, so i went ahead and the order was made, activation date was a week later so I just waited, looking forward to my new speeds.  Activation day came and passed, so phoned them up only for the first person to tell me I had to wait another 48hrs but would not give me any explanation.  I wasnt happy with this so I rang again an hour later, obviously got a different person and he said he had phoned the wholesale department and the issue was that they had a problem with there order system which had now just been sorted and that I would be switched on in 48 hours.

I waited 36hours, then thought I would just ring up make sure everything was on track as I had a bad feeling at this point.  This time the operator put me on hold for 10 mins whilst he phoned the relevant people.  He came back and told me that the exchange equipment was all full and that they couldnt upgrade me just yet until they get a free slot.  I did point out that this was totally different information I had been given several times before, also I bet if i was a new customrer I would get connected on time (even though there are no slots).  Again he said I would just have to sit and wait.

I find this attitude to be atrocious, telling a customer they have to sit and wait and maybe it will get done, maybe it wont.  As well as constantly getting different information.  Im sure If I rang up again now I would get a different story again.  Can anyone please advise me on what to do next, Im tired of ringing up and getting different information all the time, If I didnt have 10 months left on my contract I would just leave, even though there must be some breach of contract here, Im just not sure.

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Upgrade problems and really bad customer service

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi havostars,

Thanks for posting and welcome!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having getting the upgrade done.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to get in touch with us.  We'll get you sorted from here.

Please include the link to this thread when you complete the form and whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
havocstars
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the really quick responses.  I have replied with all the relevant informations, I hope this can be resolved now soon.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

after submitting the email it can take 3/5 working days for mods to get back to you as you are now in a queue of other customers waiting for mod help  mods will contact you by email or phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings