cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Upgrade to Halo 3 offer

Go to solution

Hi,

I am currently out of contract (Fibre with Halo 1) and was thinking of upgrading to Halo 3 as we have just had the fibre line put outside our house so would be looking to get the full FTTP when available.

When I log into MyBT and check the offers I can get Halo 3+ for the same price I am currently on with just a contract extension (which is fine). The issue is that on the offer page it says my current package speed is 31Mbps download speed (with guaranteed 26Mbps) and that is what they are offering me for all of the Halo 3 upgrade. (image below)

When I go to my current broadband package it says I am on 73Mbps (with a guaranteed 55Mbps). (image below) I do get the max speed and would like to keep that if possible as I work from home and need it.

One thing to note is that I did have an engineer out today as we were getting drops every couple of hours (he mentioned the router was old which sparked my upgrade investigation). I can't imagine the offer page is reading my recent average speed to show me the upgrades but it is not beyond what is technically possible I suppose.

Any ideas on if BT would honour the existing speed as the "current package" information is incorrect? From what I have read on here the Halo packages don't offer any different speeds just extra features.

Many Thanks

Paul

CurrentPackageOfferPage.pngFibreBTHalo1.png

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Upgrade to Halo 3 offer

Go to solution

Your speed won't change. The offer page estimate is way off for some reason.

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @pjhunter101   Halo 3 is the same as Halo 1 plus home tech visit. You need Halo 3+ if you want anything extra.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/learn-about-broadband/bt-halo/what-is-bt-halo-and-how-can-i-get-it...

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Thanks for your quick response I will go ahead with the upgrade.