cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caher
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Upgrade to UHD means new 18 month contract?

Hi all,

pas my new tv is 4K capable I thought I’d upgrade the single sports channel but I was told that the only way of doing this is to take a whole new 18 month contract, seems a bit over the top?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Upgrade to UHD means new 18 month contract?

You're moving from one package to another, which means a new minimum term, if you do go for it, see if you can renew you broadband package, as BT broadband is a requirement the broadband contract is also renewed, so it's worth doing so with a discount if available.

Message 3 of 5

@Caher I'm sorry you feel that way but it is correct you would need to agree an new contract in order to get the BT TV Ultra HD service.  As @-Richie- has said it's not a matter of activating the channel on your existing service as it requires a Max 4k TV package and new equipment to watch the UHD content. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Caher
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Hello,

Sorry if I came across as overtly critical for you to reply that I “felt a certain way”; this was nit the case.

To qualify the original question,  I have in the past had the sky sports package which did not require a contact change or extension. I assumed this might be the same.

thanks 

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 5 of 5

@Caherwrote:
To qualify the original question,  I have in the past had the sky sports package which did not require a contact change or extension. I assumed this might be the same.

thanks 

Yes that is still the case, Sky Sports Main, Sky Cinema, HD addon and the AMC channel are all addons with rolling 30 day contracts, add when required and cease with 30 days notice, repeat as often as you wish.